JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Done a bunch of HazMat classes. One thing to remember is if you need a gas mask,the stuff will permeate your skin also.
May make you breath easier but the gasses will still enter your body and do their job.

A few other things to consider for your BOB...

-Waterproof bag (big enough to hold your cold weather layers/change of clothes to keep them dry) - SealLine or Sea to Summit make some good ones, Aloksak makes smaller nags for your wallet, cell phone, etc - of course a ZipLock will do the job, as well
-A couple of contractor grade/size trash bags- tons of uses, including keeping your stuff dry, improvised poncho, stuff with leaves for a makeshift quilt, gathering water, etc
-GPS w/ spare batteries
-Map(s) of the local area
-CAT Tourniquet - When it comes to treating major trauma wounds in a field environment, tourniquets save more lives than any other item in a first aid kit. If you can find them, the SOF-Ts have the metal handle and are a bit more rugged than the standard issue CATs. Just make sure you get one that you can put on yourself with one hand
-SAM Splint - These are great splints, relatively lightweight, and their flexible structure lends them to a multitude of other uses
-550 Cord (aka paracord)
-Duct Tape - either buy one of the small rolls they sell for back packing or cut a small length off a big roll and wrap it around an MRE bag or something so you can peel it off if you need it.

I think most of the other essentials were hit in other posts.

That's very cleaver! I really enjoy her blog but missed this post.. Just a FYI I have in stock Smaller cans of gelled alcohol fuel <broken link removed> that you can also use in your vehicle with no fumes. These are great if you are hiding your basement or stuck in a cold car on a dirt road.. I like knowing how to make things my self.. but these are only $4.50 and burn 4-6 hours at 2500BTU...

Okay sales pitch aside... my only concern with the TP roll would be other fumes it might give off..

-Joshua

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top