JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

No. Actually I look more like this. :s0108:

crazy-nerd.jpg

Or as I call them Bubblegumsoft

To make a long story short for the second time in a year, Bubblegumsoft has skrewed me by messing up yet another computer!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
The first time was last New Years Eve - Bubblegumsoft did one of their automatic updates and in the process the update sent a corrupted file and my Vaio was stuck in a reboot loop. After a weekend of calls to Bubblegumsoft customer service and talking with mostly non English speaking morons, I ended up driving to Seattle to have my Vaio fixed - to their credit for free.

This time my work computer - a six month old HP - notified me that Bubblegumsoft was installing automatic updates. When done, my laptop would not allow me to sign in using my pin or password. I literally cannot get past the sign in screen when I start my computer:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!

Is there a way I can reset this or has Bubblegumsoft left me with a very expensive brick?

Dude, you need to turn off Automatic Updates. I disabled the Automatic Updates feature in Windows many years ago. In my opinion, the correct setting to use is Manual. I basically always review each of the updates before allowing them to update my PC. Anything that I do not believe is necessary or needed by my PC, I uncheck and dismiss.

You should do the same in the future.

Windows 10 forced update was the last straw for me. Several hours of my time and $200 wasted trying to get my work computer to work after that. MS will never see another penny of mine. Jeannie bought a Mac and is completely satisfied with it so far. While we were buying it there was a couple in looking for a replacement for their old Apple computer. It was 18 years old and still functional, just getting slow. 18 YEARS!! I've had three PC's die in that time. Yes Mac's are expensive to start with, but in the long run I think they are a much better value.

Still haven't done Win 10, waiting for the second or third generation of it and for the hoo-ha to die down.
There really wasn't a 'forced' upgrade unless I suppose you had to have a new machine with it pre-installed. The 8.1 to 10 was pushed but we didn't (have to) use it.

I don't build my own machines any more, but with pre-made systems I still buy an OS disc so that when the built-in system restore doesn't work, or the host drive dies, I can (re)install the OS I want without the OEM bloatware.

Good job on figuring out the powerless boot-up, I will remember that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top