JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The goal of the Tea Party is to reform the Republic party from the ground up. They intend to support candidates who are unlike many current Republican leaders and, you might say, overwhelm the Republican leaders.

They are on record as saying that a third political party would just split the vote.

Yeah, I guess that's why I can't really get behind them. I don't think you can reform something that is as corrupt as the Rebublicans (and Democrats) are. I'd rather see something new started. The way politics are played, you'll get some freshman congressmen voted in that want reform, but they'll be sidelined by the entrenched power brokers until they fall in line with them.

Maybe I'm just too pessimistic for my own good :s0114:

I am still wanting a true conservative candidate I can vote FOR.

I am tired of having to cast my vote in an effort to vote AGAINST someone as the lesser of two evils.

If that teaches the Republican party to get back to their roots,...

ALL THE BETTER!

If not then we'll just have to run their rino-middle-of-the-road-try-to-please-everyone-butts-out of office

You should google for more objective information about the tea party, asking in here is sort of like asking for the truth behind floor rolling at a Pentacostal retreat. The web is filled with misinformation and lies but if you really want to study politics than you must cultivate a keen eye for finding information that is objective enough for the purpose you need it for.

While this is good information about the tea party from the perspective of it's members, it skips all information about the top down part of this organization, or what that tops ultimate goals may be. I've discussed this in other posts about this subject. This party is pretty much financed by the Koch brothers who own the worlds largest privately held corporation (they own Georgia Pacific plus dozens of other outfits). I can't see these two paying out the big bucks for nothing, but I've always been cynical of politics and my view has never been disproven by actual events.

According the the NY Times poll 95% of the members vote Republican and most get their news from Fox, they consider shows like Beck's to be news, they are also very fond of Palin and Bush and about 25% of them are still sure that Obama does not have a birth certificate. The poll indicates that the members are wealthier and more educated then average too, my guess is that the segment that puts them over on these categories does not contain many of the birthers?

My problem with them is that they take on the government while ignoring the rise of corporate power that is taking over the government anyway, and the free market foundations, like freedomworks (the primary org behind the party), are against financial market reforms. Given the mass scams that lead to our current economic problems, any sane country would want practical limits put in place for these markets. Financial reforms are going to be a hot topic in the near future and it will interesting to see where the Party will stand on that issue, I have a pretty good idea it will be against them. But whatever benefits the Republican Party seems to be the direction the tea party marches.

The best anti tea party line I've ever seen goes; "The real Boston Tea Party was not sponsered by the East India Company".

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top