JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello. Wife is going to call our tax guy on Monday but I told her I'd get the answer quicker….
Does one have to worry about tax implications if they switch jobs from working and living in WA to working in Oregon? TIA.

Oregon will want their pound of flesh. You will have to pay an Oregon income tax on all wages earned in Oregon.

Job better be worth it for that commute and loss of income.

Last Edited:
Pro Tip: Have her do the shopping in Oregon before she comes home.

Also...Listen to your tax guy. He's probably infinitely smarter about taxes than most of the filthy savages that hang out here.

No offense you filthy savages. :)

We have several WA residents working for my employer who is based in Oregon, and yes your wife will have to pay "non-resident" Oregon income tax on all income earned within Oregon borders.

Some of the WA residents keep track of their hours worked outside of Oregon and have our payroll dept. log it accordingly.

FYI- The non-resident rate isn't much different from the full-resident rate…. gotta pay for hookers and blow for aunt Kate.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top