JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Andy's post is great advice. As far as how, have you thought about asking her? A good place to start is, "What one thing could I change to improve our relationship?" Ask her to be specific, and set a goal to meet. Then work on that. Often times being better in a role is more about changing behavior than having more time. She'll probably have a list, so ask her what one thing is most important right now. When change #1 becomes a habit, you can move on to #2.

As far as your different roles, sounds like you need to do some prioritizing. Make a list and decide which are most important to you and how much time each consumes vice how much time you have to spend. Rank them. Dump or restrict those roles which are of lower priority.

And finally, why would you buy a Hi Point? Seriously.
"And finally, why would you buy a Hi Point? Seriously"

If it makes you feel better I washed it down by buying a Gforce GF2P shotgun from the same seller a few days after buying the Hi point. He is now a total of $200 richer for his out of state move. Neither firearm had been fired, both are like new. I have beer taste on a glass of water budget.

Last Edited:
Well, with a soul as black as mine, who would I be kidding? :p

Jokes aside. Short answer is, yes. I take seriously Seneca's counsel of "As long as you live, keep learning how to live." It is a lifelong process, from cradle to grave, and none of us were born experts. Recent years have been hellacious, but dark days force us to focus on what is important and ignore what is not. Losing family, friends, and colleagues is also a less than subtle reminder of just how little time we have here. And, of course, the moments of finding the joy that comes from inner strength in the midst of it all is indescribable.

As to practical matters, every man or woman's struggle is different. It is crucial is to resolve to accomplish whatever it is with no excuses or delays. Take a good hard look at your days and remove as many distractions, idiots, and time-wasters as possible. Some are unavoidable, while others can be managed, and still others simply jettisoned. Good health habits (e.g., diet, exercise, avoidance of toxins, et al.) is a nonnegotiable, as is a well managed financial life. A To Do list, created every day, and every effort made to complete the tasks on said, can really work wonders over time, in a multiplicity of life spheres.

Best of wishes. :)

"And finally, why would you buy a Hi Point? Seriously"

If it makes you feel better I washed it down by buying a Gforce GF2P shotgun from the same seller a few days after buying the Hi point. He is now a total of $200 richer for his out of state move. Neither firearm had been fired, both are like new. I have beer taste on a glass of water budget.
My feelings are irrelevant to your situation. However, you might want to ask yourself if you are engaging in retail therapy, If your purchases are interfering with fulfilling your various roles, you could be engaging in emotional spending. According to Dave Ramsey:

It gives you a sense of control.

When life's circumstances seem to be spinning out of control, deciding what to buy and where we'll shop makes it feel like we're back in the driver's seat. But are you really in control, or are your emotions calling the shots?

It's like a drug.

When we shop, the body releases dopamine, what Psychology Today calls "the feel-good neurotransmitter."1​ Ironically, most of the blissful release is during the anticipation of that shiny new toy, not the actual purchase. And before we know it, the bliss is gone.

Here's an article on the subject:

Just food for thought.

My feelings are irrelevant to your situation. However, you might want to ask yourself if you are engaging in retail therapy, If your purchases are interfering with fulfilling your various roles, you could be engaging in emotional spending. According to Dave Ramsey:

It gives you a sense of control.

When life's circumstances seem to be spinning out of control, deciding what to buy and where we'll shop makes it feel like we're back in the driver's seat. But are you really in control, or are your emotions calling the shots?

It's like a drug.

When we shop, the body releases dopamine, what Psychology Today calls "the feel-good neurotransmitter."1​ Ironically, most of the blissful release is during the anticipation of that shiny new toy, not the actual purchase. And before we know it, the bliss is gone.

Here's an article on the subject:

Just food for thought.
I absolutely have that going on and M114 has supercharged it. I have bought a rediculous amount of stuff since October. If my wallet was a person I would be in jail for abuse.

Edit: My plan was to quit buying firearms once the three day release rule ban occurred. Well the three day releases are continuing like the energizer bunny and I keep finding deals I can't pass up. It's sick I tell you, I blame it on LEVO:)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads