JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Taurus PT 1911 that if you pull the trigger with the safety engaged, then release the safety the hammer will fall to half cock. Are there any gunsmiths in Washington State that might be able to fix it? I would prefer not to have to send it back to Taurus for repair. Not sure if it is a problem with the safety, the hammer or the trigger. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions? I am also considering just buying a Ruger SR1911 CMD to replace it.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the replies, guys. My in-laws live in Centralia, and my sister lives in Renton, so either Redmond or Vancouver could be within range in the near future. Not sure how much to invest in a 1911 with "Taurus" so prominently displayed on the slide. It shoots fine, with a decent trigger pull, I just worry that the "hammer drop safety" could lead to other potentially dangerous problems down the road. It will most likely be Vancouver, since the wife calls the shots where her new Prius is concerned. And Vancouver traffic has to be better than Redmond....

Hey 2ndtimer,
Sound Like you sear/hammer are to negative and That the thump safety is moving just a little to make the hammer follow down. Make the sear/hammer Positive.
Tony Carrier
[email protected]
503-260-3906
Portland, Oregon Area
:D
Thanks for the reply. Would that imply that maybe the hammer and sear should be replaced (maybe with a Cylinder &Slide drop in kit)?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top