JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know a good 1911 smith in the hillsboro area?

I got a RIA standards FS thats able to drop hammer without grip safety being touched. Trigger even breaks while hammers not cocked.

I am inexperienced with 1911's so I am going straight to professional help as I feel this is something thats NOT reliable nor trustworthy.
Looking around online seems to be this is a fairly common issue with a lot of other 1911 makers (S&W/SIG/Springfield etc)

Believe I have narrowed the problem down with this video:

Is this an at home simple fix with few tools or?

Thanks!

Last Edited:
Anyone know a good 1911 smith in the hillsboro area?

I got a RIA standards FS thats able to drop hammer without grip safety being touched. Trigger even breaks while hammers not cocked.

I am inexperienced with 1911's so I am going straight to professional help as I feel this is something thats NOT reliable nor trustworthy.
Looking around online seems to be this is a fairly common issue with a lot of other 1911 makers (S&W/SIG/Springfield etc)

Believe I have narrowed the problem down with this video:

Is this an at home simple fix with few tools or?

Thanks!
RIA has good support
their gunsmiths are in Las Vegas
they had my 1911 FS back to me in 2 weeks
and they tuned it up during the repair

Sounds like a spring issue

A0E8E93C-34CA-449C-8CFA-1BD56B2DA2E8.jpeg

many Marines used to tape their grip safety closed, they didn't consider it needed
I guess you have to be a Marine to understand why
the grip safety was only added after a request from the horse Calvary

I've changed out a main spring on my S.A. 1911, no special tools needed, lots of videos on line on how to do so
I used a Les Bower spring

MEU2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany