JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey friends,

I'm in Hillsboro, so I'm hoping to find someone local, but more importantly, someone who can handle the job.

I have a nighthawk 1911 that I bought a threaded barrel (night hawk brand) for. I was hoping it would just drop right in but it doesn't. I would like to find someone who could fit it. I'm not even sure this can be done, but I imagine it's doable in a pros hands.

I also have some suppressor height sights I would like installed.

If you all know of someone who can pull this off please let me know and I will reach out to them!

Thank you in advance for all your wisdom that you never fail to help me with.

Shane

Any reason not to use nighthawk? They'll likely not work on your gun later if you ever send it in if you have someone else do work in it.

I'll reach out to them too. Just hate the idea of trying to ship my gun.
Brace yourself if you have to ship the gun. UPS charged me over $140 to ship a handgun to the Taurus factory. And my understanding now is that they will no longer accept firearms from individuals. Only licensed dealers can ship firearms going forward. (Would love to be corrected on that, if incorrect.)

I can do it. However...
I am in Michigan, I am not a "gunsmith", and I have no ffl.
I do occasional work for people...I do not charge.
I will give my work for free to whomever I want....nobody will tell me I can't.
Good luck to the OP getting his barrel fitted.

Joe

You might contact Brimstone Gunsmithing, they performed excellent work on my 1911 a couple years ago that included design and manufacturing of a specialized part. They are in Vancouver Washington.
Also , I have been more than satisfied with Shooters Service Center in St. Johns, 1911's are their specialties, 1911 parts too.
I've lost touch and have not been there in a few years but at the time, most stuff was done in house.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago.

Mr Copeland in Estacada was suggested.

If you travel south at any time Armac in Junction City appears to have a number of quality people.

As things worked out my pistol went to Junction City. (no fault implied to Mr Copeland - it was just the timing of messages back and forth - I appreciate his response).

Let us know what you decide.

RG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top