JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What benefit do you see from this?

That's why the K-rails at the firing line will form a table. There are very obvious safety issues that arise from people using vehicles as storage locations in a firing area. How many times have all of us been flagged by people grabbing a gun off a truck bed and turning to shoot out in the forest? That's the reason I quit going to the Quarry near Brown's camp. Having a table at the firing line means you don't have to use your truck bed anymore.

I have found the only time to go to Brown's Camp Quarry is early. I usually get there about 8 am, shoot until 9:30 or so. Its often empty and I'll stay until there are too many people. I have had people walk behind me while shooting, I've seen people shooting glass bottles, and seen people with their backs to the range aiming loaded shotguns and rifles through their cars (back across the road. I pack up and leave at that point. I take a large garbage bag and fill it half full of crap just out of the parking area. Usually get 2 shopping bags of brass to, and that doesn't even touch the quarry area. But the quarry has about 200 yards of depth and it will be a shame if it ever gets shut down permanently. (BTW - the new internet location on the Quarry is on the Tillamook State Forest blog site.)

I'm fairly new to this side of the state, does anyone have better directions than what is on the flier to get to this location?

Where are you coming from?

if in Beaverton you drive west out hwy 26. Its about 30-40 minutes out. Then right as you get to the Tillamook state forest sign you take a right on N Fork Wolf creek rd. It is a dirt road but well maintained.

Here is the google maps link

Google Maps (https://www.google.com/maps/dir//45.783643,-123.3675382/@45.7828039,-123.35996,4367m/data=!3m1!1e3)

My kids and I thank you

They are working on fixing up the location this week and next. After that it should be a really nice spot to shoot.

Also, you guys are welcome to join us at our clean up events. People bring their kids as well. We clean up spots for a few hours, have lunch and then do some shooting ourselves. The schedule is here. Out next West side clean up is in August

Clean Up Schedule 2016 (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/clean-up-schedule-2016.213501/)

I went up today to the N fork wolk creek road location. they were delayed a few days because of the storms but have started. There is a lot more that is going to be done. leveling the ground, building the berms, setting up the firing line with cement platforms to shoot from (that will be easy to walk around) They also were working on improving the road from the hwy up to the site as well.

They have started pulling stumps and a little bit of flattening so far. This is the time for input if you want them to do something at these sites.
IMG_3409.JPG
IMG_3388.JPG
IMG_3392.JPG
IMG_3394.JPG
IMG_3400.JPG
IMG_3402.JPG
IMG_3414.JPG

Here is the general design for site one. 30 yards to the berm. behind this is swamp so they wont go farther. I suggested small raised berm every 10 yards to put up pistol targets. The stumps will be removed and it will all be leveled flat

1.jpg

Second location 75 yards. left site rifle lane. it will have a platform to shoot from and a platform right before the berm to set up targets. on the right there will be a berm about 15-20 yards for pistols

3.jpg

Last site 100 yards. Same setup as above with a rifle lane on the left and a pistol lane on the right.

4.jpg

Was out there just shy of an hour ago with Jason with ODF and things were looking awesome. @bolus they have done a bunch since you took those snapshots. They'll work for the next two weeks to move dirt, grade, and improve these lots with fire resistance in mind. They will be closing one of the 4 locations in this area, almost two, but they are going to make the most of one of the smaller locations and place a smaller berm and make it fire safe instead.

Jason liked the idea of having a grand reopening. I'll see what Randy says at ODF and see if Sportsmans wants to pitch in for anything. Should be fun, like the clean ups, but more of the party side of things!!!

Was out there just shy of an hour ago with Jason with ODF and things were looking awesome. @bolus they have done a bunch since you took those snapshots. They'll work for the next two weeks to move dirt, grade, and improve these lots with fire resistance in mind. They will be closing one of the 4 locations in this area, almost two, but they are going to make the most of one of the smaller locations and place a smaller berm and make it fire safe instead.

Jason liked the idea of having a grand reopening. I'll see what Randy says at ODF and see if Sportsmans wants to pitch in for anything. Should be fun, like the clean ups, but more of the party side of things!!!

are you going out again this week? I'm going to try for friday afternoon again to take some more pictures.

Would it be less crowded during weekdays?

Whereabouts are the closest restrooms to the range linked in the map?

Looks to be a reasonable drive distance from me, but would hate to waste time scouting all over for facilities.

...&

My apologies in advance if this has been addressed earlier on in the thread.

Would it be less crowded during weekdays?

Whereabouts are the closest restrooms to the range linked in the map?

Looks to be a reasonable drive distance from me, but would hate to waste time scouting all over for facilities.

...&

My apologies in advance if this has been addressed earlier on in the thread.

This location is frequented heavily on weekends. Not such heavy traffic on the weekdays but still may get good amounts of folks heading this way.

The closest actual bathroom would be another mile or two up 26 at the public rest stop. No facilities near this area.

Went to Tillamook this morning. Wow, wow, wow. The ranges are beautiful. Everything was pretty clean. I used #2 and cleaned up some brass and also picked up a few stray target parts and an ice bag from #1 but all in all very clean.
Here are some pics (I hope): 1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg

Went to Tillamook this morning. Wow, wow, wow. The ranges are beautiful. Everything was pretty clean. I used #2 and cleaned up some brass and also picked up a few stray target parts and an ice bag from #1 but all in all very clean.
Here are some pics (I hope):View attachment 304852 View attachment 304853 View attachment 304855

Thanks for cleaning up. I went out this afternoon and they were all completely clean. So far so good on people respecting these sites.

I went about 1.5 miles on Wolf Creek Rd but didn't see the area. There was a split in the road about 1.5 miles in. It had just started raining and the wife wasn't happy in the truck out in BFE. Then she started asking questions I didn't want to answer and suggested a lunch run. I saw pictures in earlier post but they didn't match what I was seeing on the road.

I went about 1.5 miles on Wolf Creek Rd but didn't see the area. There was a split in the road about 1.5 miles in. It had just started raining and the wife wasn't happy in the truck out in BFE. Then she started asking questions I didn't want to answer and suggested a lunch run. I saw pictures in earlier post but they didn't match what I was seeing on the road.
There is a brand new logging road on the right. Otherwise once on North Wolf Creek Road it was the 1st right hand turn up a hill. With that new road it is now the second right up a hill. If you follow Nofo Road longer it will take you threw a recently logged area and eventually to a site with a 200 yard shot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top