JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dunno. :s0153: The link for the Tillamook State Forest just gives me a " 404 error" "Page Not Found" message. Maybe it will work for you?
Thanks for heads up, Mike! I didn't realize that. They made some changes to their web site and that changed our link.

I did some searching and just edited in the good link that will show info about TS in Tillamook. I still don't know if they would have written info about Tillamook Quarry. Cinhawk, you may have to call to get that info. There is a link with notices about closures.

Here's the new link (edited 10-1-15 to the first post) Tillamook State Forest .

Cogs

I want to give a huge thanks to @Reno911 for working with ODF to help improve shooting sites in the Tillamook State Forest. I met him today while out on Wolf Creek Rd and it was a real pleasure. I was able to listen in and give a little input for ideas with one of the proposed sites to improve, and it is very encouraging to know that members of our group are out there on a daily basis to help our cause of responsible gun ownership and use. I look forward to helping in any way I can, when I can, and it will be exciting to see developments take place.

Was shooting at second turnout at Salmonberry this last Friday and took out 2 bags of trash along with my brass. Broken glass, shotgun shell casings, used food containers, plastic junk, paper cups, pisses me off to see that in the forest. Every time I go out I try to bring back some amount of junk.

I'm out here on the coast and have a nice spot to shoot up in the hills. Went up last night, glad to have some time to myself to put a few rounds down range. Pulled up to my spot and it was literally covered in trash. Couldn't even park without parking on a pile. Called my family and friends to come up and we had a nice clean up. Burned what we could and still pulled three giant trash bags and a bucket full of brass. These guys drinking beer and throwing trash are the ones who are going to earn us a yellow gate at our favorite spots.
Never did get to shooting last night but at leas I'll go up next time without having to drive around trash.
Kudos to all of you who go out and do outreach, organize clean-ups, and shoot responsibly. Next time you all get together for a clean up , I'll be there.

Found your sing all shoot up and I put it back on a tree. Out 26 Vernonia.

IMG_20160410_180338.jpg

I do what I can. It looked like it was just recently cleaned up. We pick up some trash mostly pop cans. But there is a tree at 100 yd that looks like someone should cut it down half of it is shoot to bubblegum.

@Cogs, speaking of TSF and Jason. We stopped by the Beaver Dam Pit Friday afternoon just to check it out. Now, I swear I heard Jason say, on 4/2, that the pit was now open 7 days a week rather than just weekends? I must have miss heard because it is NOT OPEN. Even though Wifey was sure she heard that too. There were a couple of guys there that didn't even notice the small closed sign, and had been contacted by someone they said was "Forest Service". They had a map of the area and told me the FS guy told them there was no shooting anywhere in the area. I asked if the guy that spoke to them was a somewhat large guy, and they said no, he was smaller and "Tan". I'd sure like to know who out there would be telling target shooters that there's nowhere legal to shoot out there. I'm under the impression it's legal to shoot anywhere out there as long as you're following the standard shooting guidelines. Am I correct?

Any way, these guys were visibly bothered by the interaction as they were putting their guns away. AND, that pit is really messed up with shotgun shells, and other debris. What a bunch of PIGS!

@Cogs, speaking of TSF and Jason. We stopped by the Beaver Dam Pit Friday afternoon just to check it out. Now, I swear I heard Jason say, on 4/2, that the pit was now open 7 days a week rather than just weekends? I must have miss heard because it is NOT OPEN. Even though Wifey was sure she heard that too. There were a couple of guys there that didn't even notice the small closed sign, and had been contacted by someone they said was "Forest Service". They had a map of the area and told me the FS guy told them there was no shooting anywhere in the area. I asked if the guy that spoke to them was a somewhat large guy, and they said no, he was smaller and "Tan". I'd sure like to know who out there would be telling target shooters that there's nowhere legal to shoot out there. I'm under the impression it's legal to shoot anywhere out there as long as you're following the standard shooting guidelines. Am I correct?

Any way, these guys were visibly bothered by the interaction as they were putting their guns away. AND, that pit is really messed up with shotgun shells, and other debris. What a bunch of PIGS!

the pit is going to be closed a whole lot this year from what they told me. One of the reasons they are going forward with building out other sites to shoot. I would not rely on that location especially if you dont check with them first.

the pit is going to be closed a whole lot this year from what they told me. One of the reasons they are going forward with building out other sites to shoot. I would not rely on that location especially if you dont check with them first.

No, I don't rely on it. We were coming from clamming/oysters and just wanted to check in. I was disturbed with what I was told regarding not being able to shoot anywhere in the area.

No, I don't rely on it. We were coming from clamming/oysters and just wanted to check in. I was disturbed with what I was told regarding not being able to shoot anywhere in the area.

Do you have Jason's contact info? (one of the forestry guys that was at the clean up) He is really putting a lot of effort in the target shooting role and would be the best contact to ask about this. I have already got some emails from him this morning about range development. He has been really on the ball about this stuff.

I remember Jason, and yes I thought he was great, and I think Mike was the other gentleman. And no, I don't have contact info for him.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top