JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went to a shooting spot in tillamook forest yesterday with my 3 sons. Collected a large box of shot up glass bottles that someone left behind. Is it that hard for people to clean up after themselves? This is why we all going to loose the ability to shoot in the forest :(

trash1.jpg trash2.jpg

Went to a shooting spot in tillamook forest yesterday with my 3 sons. Collected a large box of shot up glass bottles that someone left behind. Is it that hard for people to clean up after themselves? This is why we all going to loose the ability to shoot in the forest :(

View attachment 716590View attachment 716591
At some point, I think we will. The culture behind recreational shooting is broken and refuses to fix itself.

Folks here routinely state that they see zero issues shooting what is essentially garbage, because they pick it up. Why not just shoot manufactured targets, and take them back?

Im a broken record I suppose...

@Reno
Not a broken record, i see it too and its frustrating.

Not just illegal targets but unsafe backstops too.
Man, I still cringe every time someone here on NWFA posts a picture in the "shooting pictures" thread with essentially no backstop.

Man, I still cringe every time someone here on NWFA posts a picture in the "shooting pictures" thread with essentially no backstop.
I cringe every time I drive out Salmonberry and most always see someone shooting at that overlook spot. Cogs even put a sign up, they tore it down.

Americans are lazy, there will always be trash everywhere you camp, shoot, picnic, swim, etc...heck, people crap in city parks because the bathrooms are locked...do you really think they will pick up trash?...it takes a small few to take care of the majority(sounds like our tax structure in america)

Americans are lazy, there will always be trash everywhere you camp, shoot, picnic, swim, etc...heck, people crap in city parks because the bathrooms are locked...do you really think they will pick up trash?...it takes a small few to take care of the majority(sounds like our tax structure in america)
Ain't it the truth!

The difference in trashed shooting sites vs camp/picnic/swim type sites, is that firearms use in the woods is on the radar screen of high priority things to ban from public lands. So even though a few jerks trash it, us responsible ones need to try to save it by keeping it as clean as we can. A few words to the jerks, along the way, could help turn some from their wicked ways. (At least it sounds like it when we talk to them. Can only hope it gets through their thick heads.)

Last Edited:
It appears as of today access gates to the popular westside shooting areas are closed due to the extreme fire danger. Has anyone been out to see first hand?

It would sure make sense. With the media screaming of HIGH East Winds! Scorching temperatures! Out of control fires! Shutting peoples electricity off for up to 48 hours! Closing those gates is just part of the show. Only thing left is climbing into your bunkers and prepare for the conflagration.

I would also advise people that this is not a time to be shooting green tip ammo out in the woods or at the quarry. The woods are dry and it doesn't take much to set it off.

I think they are replacing that crappy small bridge on the way to the quarry

It's best not to shoot at all for now!

Just got off the phone with the State Rec Mngr, Randy Peterson, and he confirmed the gates are closed to most of the forest roads in the East side of the Tillamook forest. He said they'll re-evaluate the situation on Monday.

N. Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes (updated 09.09.2022)
The N. Fork Wolf Creek Lanes are CLOSED
to public use for the duration of the EXTREME Fire Danger period

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews