JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like to see the case , I've been involved in several disproved as a member of Wildland fire invesigations . Some that appeared to be solely tannerite were proven rock strikes , or tracers etc . Anything is possible as I have seen lots of weird stuff in this business .
I'd appreciate something to read though as I'm always open to learn but I've not seen cost collection on a wildfire yet that was blamed on tannerite and tannerite alone in Oregon.

Im not certain if it matters what state it happens in, but look up the $8.2 million Sawmill Fire in Tucscon Arizona. Theres a great vid ot the actual tannerite shooting on youtube....

"Everybody pack up.... "

I'd like to see the case , I've been involved in several disproved as a member of Wildland fire invesigations . Some that appeared to be solely tannerite were proven rock strikes , or tracers etc . Anything is possible as I have seen lots of weird stuff in this business .
I'd appreciate something to read though as I'm always open to learn but I've not seen cost collection on a wildfire yet that was blamed on tannerite and tannerite alone in Oregon.
Go on YouTube and search tannerite causes fire.

Plenty of videos where it does with no extra stuff being added.

Only guys on YouTube saying it doesn't are the manufacturers themselves.

Tannerite by its lonesome wont start a fire . Its when people use it stupidly and ruin it for the rest of us .

... agreed. We HAD a 1350 yard site in the hills around Eugene that was shut down due some (insert profanity here) blowing up a vehicle with tannerite or the like. The timber company that owns the land had enough and put in a huge gate and tank traps to prevent others from driving around. If you take in the woods and shoot it TAKE IT OUT WITH YOU!! Im not saying don't use the stuff, just be responsible for it and leave the place at least as you found it, if not better. I didn't realize it was illegal on public lands, I learned something new. If you want to use it on private land, more power to you.

Yes its a hot button issue, I have known of at least 2 longish range places that have been shut down. It is difficult to find 500+ yard places to shoot that are in the Willamette valley. It would be great to keep having access to what is currently available.

(OK Rant/soapbox over)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class