JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I never understood the "fun" factor of shooting Tannerite. I've done it once quite a few years ago. Meh. I shoot steel these days.

The irony with tannerites popularity is it provides zero firearm training and knowledge, AND its gonna get our public lands closed to target shooting.

@slimer13
Yes, its illegal to shoot tannerite on public lands. So what do you think is next if gun owners continue to encourage new shooters to use tannerite on public lands?

Every summer I hear tannerite go off on public land from people shooting. Nothing good is gonna come from that.

@slimer13
Yes, its illegal to shoot tannerite on public lands. So what do you think is next if gun owners continue to encourage new shooters to use tannerite on public lands?

Every summer I hear tannerite go off on public land from people shooting. Nothing good is gonna come from that.

Who encouraged anyone to shoot it on public land?o_O

31rmfVM8CwL._SL500_AA130_.jpg Decided to go this route, mainly because you can shoot it closer then tannerite, and the guy can also make it go boom with his bow.

Usually even name brand soda in 2 liter form is only $1.

If you want the shock and awe factor. Place some dry rit dye in the bottle with some corn starch.

I talked a couple into doing this over the tannerite counter part that caused a wildfire in Arizona for their gender reveal thingy. It turned out nicely.

This is not true.

Tannerite can and has caused fires.

It has been proven to cause fires.

There are some manufacturers that claim their product is more chemically pure and won't cause fires.

I don't recommend explosive targets mostly because they are illegal on all public lands, and for the most part I've never witnessed anyone using them correctly.

Most of them are meant to be shot at at a minimum of 100 yards. I usually see folks shooting them at much closer distances.

If you choose to use these targets, be safe, be legal. Don't be another tractor idiot or wildfire guy!

View attachment 528758
I'd like to see the case , I've been involved in several disproved as a member of Wildland fire invesigations . Some that appeared to be solely tannerite were proven rock strikes , or tracers etc . Anything is possible as I have seen lots of weird stuff in this business .
I'd appreciate something to read though as I'm always open to learn but I've not seen cost collection on a wildfire yet that was blamed on tannerite and tannerite alone in Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews