JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Phillyfan,
First off you can't wear out an all steel Challenger. I know folks that have over 25,000 rounds through theirs and they look and shoot as new. There is a guy in AZ that swears he has 100,000 rounds through his.
Second, go to Rimfire Central (RimfireCentral.com - Rimfire Community!) and ask your question in the Browning section. There are a couple guys there that had made rails (one guy, Rusty, will make you one) that will allow you to mount a red dot on it without moding the pistol. The Browning Challengers almost have a cult following.
All that being said, the CII is the bastard Challenger. Manufacture was brought to the US to reduce costs. A lot of the parts don't fit the original challenger and most don't interchange with the CIII or Buckmark. But, on the other hand, parts are available.

All in all, I love mine and shoot it a lot.
Ed

Just took a closer look, and it seems this might actually be one of the very last made. Browning's website says these were made from 1976-1982. According to the serial number this was made in 1983, and each year they started over with 01001. This one is 11243! So a year after they say they stopped making them and a very high serial number. Trying to find production numbers for that year, but hitting a wall. Think I'll call Browning tomorrow and see what they can tell me. Still have the manual, but sure wish I hadn't thrown away the box!

Take it easy buddy. Step away from the ledge, nothing can be that bad or worth it. Think about your future together, think about all the good times that could lay ahead! If you do this horrible thing now, you can never step back,, keep it together now, steady, steady,, just take a deep breath. For goodness sake man DONT DO IT!;)

+1 as above. And you expected any other answer from all of us with the same mental affliction? Seriously, keep the pistol and save up for another. I have traded a few pistols in the past and with very few exceptions, have seriously regretted the trade at a later date. I hope they all went to good homes with loving masters.

... really? tapping a 22 browning. might as well save and buy a ruger mark III hunter model

I shoot a Browningwith a reflex red dot sight in Bullseye Gallery shooting (.22 pistols at 50 feet) and keep up with if not beat Rugers, Hammerli's,Pardini's S&W model 41's...after 5 months I am shooting an average of 659, middle of the road, but the Browning is definitely a target piece as long as the shooter is doing his part.

Bring your Ruger down to the Medford Rifle and Pistol Club on Monday nights and show your stuff!

Hello,

Previously mentioned was sight paint.

Most target shooters I know smoke the sights with a match or other, to give black-on-black. I've tried it, and I actually like the results. Kind of a shadow type outline against the target, and I now actually imbed carbon into my Classic sight posts due to what I feel is a superior target sight picture.

Then, of course, you could mount a red dot, reflex sight, or pistol 'scope using one of these:

<broken link removed>

Just some thoughts.

Regards,

Josh

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show