JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Etrain wrote
"I also buy Glock parts from Lucas Tactical, he carries lowers only and complete slides: https://lucastactical.com/store/complete-slide-assemblies/ He's a one man operation, so it's not the fastest, but he does a good job overall."

I bought two G-29 and two G-20 Magazines from him several years ago. Great prices and great service at the time.

His website is okay, but not always up to date. If you're looking for something and don't see it listed, call or email and ask. He's surprised me more than once by getting something that appeared to be out of stock.

OK, maybe that's a silly way to open this but I'm developing an unhealthy interest in this cartridge and am trying to come up with a convincing argument one way or the other.

I shoot (and load) 9mm and .45acp.
I shoot at pieces of paper, with no plans to ever take up hunting.
I'd like to think that if nazis attack, I would send them to the next stage of their karmic evolution.
But that's not really a part of my life these days...

So why on earth would I need a 10mm? (if it matters, I'd get a Tanfoglio Witness as I'm partial to the CZ75)

But still... I find myself being seduced by the relentless awesomeness of everything I read about 10mm...

Any thoughts? Any of you with a lot of experience here that you could share?

Thanks!
I have the Witness Elite Match in 10mm, and love it.
Power Pistol and Blue Dot are my favorite powders for shock and awe.
I am actually getting interested in 9x25 Dillon. 10mm case necked down to 9mm.

I wanted something different for carry in a 10mm so I had an STI Shadow (Officers size 1911) in .40S&W reamed out to 10mm and a S&W CS40 reamed out to 10mm. I added some heavier springs to both bought a 10mm mag for the Shadow and modified the .40 mag on the Smith and a 3" 1911 in 10mm and a pocket rocket Smith.
Both are great shooting the STI is a little fussy with practice ammo but functions perfect with any SD ammo, the CS 40 shoots anything, I put 80 rounds through it last week and to was a mix of 3 Gun remanufactured practice ammo, Corbon, Hornady and Buffalo Bore SD ammo.

Everyone needs at least one 10mm.

IMG_1893.jpg IMG_1894.jpg IMG_1909.jpg IMG_1782.jpg IMG_1781.jpg

Is that like having a tingle run down your leg like Chris Mathis had with obozo? :p
You should have singed up with the PANSIES at the FBI; the ten is a pleasure to shoot. I have been hunting with one for twenty five years now............NOTHING LIKE THE FEEL OF THAT KIND OF POWER IN A SEMI-AUTO.

Hey, I'm supposed to have girly wrists. I'm a girl (well woman, but you get the idea :D). I do okay with my 45 so I might be able to handle the 10mm.
Hey, go for it! When I bought my S&W 1076 the clerk told me I would Not like it because it recoiled just as "bad" as the 45 ACP (exactly what I carried on post in the USMC). So I bought it. You will enjoy it if you like the ACP.;)

The FBI gave up on the 10mm for a few reasons which are online. I shot one once and it had a bit of recoil so it's not for me for PD. 9mm and .45 are fine, but one man's Tofu is another man's Turkey. Happy Shootin'.

I have shot the 10mm for years, firstly in Glocks and now in the new Sig. It is a high performance cartridge that neither the 9mm or 45acp can equal...running closer with top loads to the 41 mag. (not the same, but close). Besides serious energy transfer and good penetration, the round is MUCH better if you carry a woods gun but don't want a revolver. Heavy bullet high performance loads for woods carry are readily available and the 10mm if fully capable of taking medium game as you might choose. Also a better choice than 9mm and 45acp or 40 with heavy bullets for black bear should the need arise. I wouldn't be without one..oh, and did I say they are generally very accurate ?

Why would you want a 10mm? It's the most adaptable pistol platform in a semi auto setup. The ability shoot very lite loads with amazing velocities to 41mag strength heavy loads (up to 230gr) to effectively neutralize most predators, game, bad guys at distances 9/40/45 would envy (full strength loads often shoot very flat for a semi auto pistol platform). The 10mm Auto case has plenty of room for exotic ammo and powders and its straight design makes reliable cycling. it is the dedicated work of passionate /renound 45ACP gurus and experts (Lt Col Jeff Cooper - one of the best combact 45ACP experts in the world) to be the next evolution of the of the 45 to a more powerful effective plaform. The FBI (who spends almost nothing on solid handgun training and effectiveness) turned away from the 10mm when some agents couldn't handle the recoil. big surprise (sarcasm). it was hunters and enthusasts that brought it back. I believe it should be the side arm platform for the military. with effective training investment, it would greatly enhance our solider's ability to survive and be effective. The more you practice different scenarios and missions with it, you will appreciate the power and adaptability of this amazing American round. if you only intend on shooting 15 yard paper on the weekends, you'll be missing out.

I had two 45s and three 9mms, also had a 500 S&W. Why did I buy a Tanfolio 10mm?
Because I wanted it. It has been an experience. I bought the gun second hand on Gunbroker.com. It came with extra magazines. After I got it and some ammo, I figured out why the original owner sold it. There was no way the sights could be regulated to hit the target. The front sight is fixed and not moveable. The rear sight is located by two set screws that seat into two divits drilled into the slide, so the rear sight always moves back to the same location when you loosen the set screws and move it side ways. As soon as you tighten the set screws the rear sight moves right back where it was.

I pondered that situation for a while because the gun was shooting a foot to the right at 30 feet.
Finley, I decided to fill the two divits in the slide with JB Weld. That worked. I can now move the sight left or right in the dove tail and lock it down wherever I need to. Now all I need to do is decide how hot to load the ammo. It is still a work in progress.

10 mm is a serious round when a serious round is needed. It out performs every other commercially available round that can be chambered in a standard size frame, and is close to magnum performance with out the problems of the rimed case Magnum's. What could be better then that? For me personally, I really love what the .357 mag is capable of, the 10 mm gives that performance and then some, and in a high cap auto loading frame, Perfection!

You should have singed up with the PANSIES at the FBI; the ten is a pleasure to shoot. I have been hunting with one for twenty five years now............NOTHING LIKE THE FEEL OF THAT KIND OF POWER IN A SEMI-AUTO.

I'm not sure what you are referring to and if you read the post I was referring to But if you stand by your post as it is you can go piss up a rope.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top