JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To me, the 10 MM is the auto pistol answer to the .357 mag wheel gun. You actually have even more of all good things that made the .357 so good in the first place! The F.B,I, was correct in choosing the 10 mm to replace the 357 mag, for the reasons above. Penetrates things better then just about any other pistol round, doesn't glance off like others, and has the incredible stopping power of the legendary .357 mag! I honestly see no down side to this at all!

I prefer 10mm to the 357 in that they don't make a 15 round 357 wheel gun yet. But I have both and don't discriminate:p

I love the 10mm cartridge and unlike most on here I like it in the 1911 platform! I do have to admit the G20 has a bit less felt recoil in the impromptu test that I did. I would say get it and have fun with! Yeah I have the 45ACP and 9mm also, but the 10mm puts the biggest smiles on my face.

To me, the 10 MM is the auto pistol answer to the .357 mag wheel gun. You actually have even more of all good things that made the .357 so good in the first place! The F.B,I, was correct in choosing the 10 mm to replace the 357 mag, for the reasons above. Penetrates things better then just about any other pistol round, doesn't glance off like others, and has the incredible stopping power of the legendary .357 mag! I honestly see no down side to this at all!

The FBI replaced the 9mm with 10mm. Not the .357.
This was all after the 1986 Miami shootout.

Funny thing is they forgot the shortcomings of the 9mm? And many departments are going back to 9mm. :s0092:

History may not exactly repeat itself.
But its mistakes sure do rhyme. :s0140:

I prefer 10mm to the 357 in that they don't make a 15 round 357 wheel gun yet. But I have both and don't discriminate:p

But you can get a 15 round Glock in .357 sig. ;)

The FBI replaced the 9mm with 10mm. Not the .357.
This was all after the 1986 Miami shootout.

Funny thing is they forgot the shortcomings of the 9mm? And many departments are going back to 9mm. :s0092:

History may not exactly repeat itself.
But its mistakes sure do rhyme. :s0140:

But you can get a 15 round Glock in .357 sig. ;)
My bad, I was confusing a few different agencies.

I don't know why you'd want to be talked out of something you obviously really want to have.
However, because your question sounds like something my wife would say, this has always worked for me when she asks about a purchase she's unsure of...

...It makes your butt look huge !!

I think of the 10mm as a replacement for a 41 mag and the glock 10mm has become quite popular in bear country. As for the 10mm carbine, it is the same, a 41 mag carbine with a stick mag versus the tube mag of a lever rifle.

OK, maybe that's a silly way to open this but I'm developing an unhealthy interest in this cartridge and am trying to come up with a convincing argument one way or the other.

I shoot (and load) 9mm and .45acp.
I shoot at pieces of paper, with no plans to ever take up hunting.
I'd like to think that if nazis attack, I would send them to the next stage of their karmic evolution.
But that's not really a part of my life these days...

So why on earth would I need a 10mm? (if it matters, I'd get a Tanfoglio Witness as I'm partial to the CZ75)

But still... I find myself being seduced by the relentless awesomeness of everything I read about 10mm...

Any thoughts? Any of you with a lot of experience here that you could share?

Thanks!

I'm sorry but this kind of thinking woulda never got me my Wildey in .475 Wildey Magnum,
which used to be 'the most powerful auto-loading handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off'... You can drop a 44 mag case into the discarded .475 shell (of course) but it looks cool

Now if you said you had a hankering to own a Bren Ten handgun, chambered in 10mm:D

:(
Any recommendations on a good reliable stick mag, Glock frame carbine!
Olympic arms makes a 10mm upper or you can get the complete rifle but they made their own mags and did have some problems with the early ones. I would love to try one but not interested in buying a lemon. Not saying they are lemons but would rather run one first. I would say they should have made it to use glock mags but glock doesn't make hi cap for the 10 :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top