JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, maybe that's a silly way to open this but I'm developing an unhealthy interest in this cartridge and am trying to come up with a convincing argument one way or the other.

I shoot (and load) 9mm and .45acp.
I shoot at pieces of paper, with no plans to ever take up hunting.
I'd like to think that if nazis attack, I would send them to the next stage of their karmic evolution.
But that's not really a part of my life these days...

So why on earth would I need a 10mm? (if it matters, I'd get a Tanfoglio Witness as I'm partial to the CZ75)

But still... I find myself being seduced by the relentless awesomeness of everything I read about 10mm...

Any thoughts? Any of you with a lot of experience here that you could share?

Thanks!

You don't "need" it. But you so want it. Like how I don't need a G40 MOS, I wanted it because its a cartridge I never had or fired before. I was looking at the witness hunter in 10mm but for the price the glock won, even though the hunter is a badasss gun.

10mm is fun. 10mm is sexy. 10mm is father. 10mm is mother. 10mm makes you feel all tingly inside (particularly in the shooting hand).

f6ac6908b553c7437d62582a984b2d6f.jpg

You shouldn't shoot 10mm because that leaves more for me.

elsie

The FBI some time ago found that the female agents in their employ had difficulty with the amount of wrist strength needed to hold the gun that it would cycle correctly when recoiling. The lynch-pin to the shooting of the guns in this caliber is that you have to have the wrist strength to allow the gun to recoil and cycle properly; otherwise you get consistent malfunctions.

.40 was their answer to this problem, which is almost a "10mm short" in the way it performs.

I like 10mm. Does what needs doing. Not too many guns made in the caliber though. Wish there were more.

OK, maybe that's a silly way to open this but I'm developing an unhealthy interest in this cartridge and am trying to come up with a convincing argument one way or the other.

I shoot (and load) 9mm and .45acp.
I shoot at pieces of paper, with no plans to ever take up hunting.
I'd like to think that if nazis attack, I would send them to the next stage of their karmic evolution.
But that's not really a part of my life these days...

So why on earth would I need a 10mm? (if it matters, I'd get a Tanfoglio Witness as I'm partial to the CZ75)

But still... I find myself being seduced by the relentless awesomeness of everything I read about 10mm...

Any thoughts? Any of you with a lot of experience here that you could share?

Thanks!

Do we have to need something to get it?
No.
This is still America, right?
We can still do stuff cause we want to.
Not many problems that can arise a 10mm won't take care of.

Don't do it, Leave more ammo for me! Seriously, Why would you NOT want to move up to the BIG TEN? You know what all the fuss is about, you have seen all the tests, and what every one has to say about it, Go get ya one!!! And the better you feed it, the better it performs, reloads nice and easy, and is a blast (pun intended) to shoot! I find the stuff that is close to what the good Col. Jeff Cooper envisioned to be about the apex of what a serious fighting pistol should be! Just how good is the TEN? the Canadian Mounted Police use it for Bear control way up in the north west territories! It doesn't make things mostly dead!!!

Yea!!!!!!! I have been looking at those AR ish carbines that take a Glock frame and mags, That would be so Awesome! A modern day twist on a Lever gun AND pistol (s) in the same chambering!

The FBI some time ago found that the female agents in their employ had difficulty with the amount of wrist strength needed to hold the gun that it would cycle correctly when recoiling. The lynch-pin to the shooting of the guns in this caliber is that you have to have the wrist strength to allow the gun to recoil and cycle properly; otherwise you get consistent malfunctions.

Honestly, I almost prefer the recoil impulse on my G21 frame when shooting 10mm with the G20 slide over the stock .45acp. Something about it I just like better :cool:

I use a 2011 (STI) frame 1911 5'' in 10 mm and I find the recoil to be quite manageable and linear and it doesn't jump as much as others, rather it comes back into your hand, its actually easier to get quick follow up shots then a .45 or a 9 mm! I think the extra size and weight of the gun helps quite a bit, plus the slightly slower cycle rate of the slide sort of absorbs recoil. My Glock G20 is much the same, but has a lot more muzzle rise!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top