JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, Before someone reminds I know there was thread on this a year ago or so, but I have several Tech lite's three settings 100, 150 lumen and strobe using 3 AAA batteries. I paid around $30.00 for all three and they work great.

I am wanting to get some higher output lights say at least 300 lumen or more on max, a strobe setting and I prefer to stay with AA or AAA batteries. I want to get a few, so I really do not want to go spending $90.00 a piece or more for them.

Any idea's???

If you're ok giving up the strobe feature, Romisen lights can't be beat for the price. I've got 3 myself and gave my in-laws a couple for their first camping trip this summer.

Who said great quality flashlights had to be expensive?

<broken link removed>

ATC,

Those flashlights are made if aluminium last time I checked that was a metal. I do own these and are a great set if the price is right iirc mine were under 15 from costco. Very bright and all modes are very distinct.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

This pack of 3 flashlights are at Costco. They're normally $20 a pack, I got mine on sale for $15. Very bright and small. I have 9 of these things, every corner of my house, gloves boxes in cars and tool boxes.

C360_2012-03-04-15-38-11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This pack of 3 flashlights are at Costco. They're normally $20 a pack, I got mine on sale for $15. Very bright and small. I have 9 of these things, every corner of my house, gloves boxes in cars and tool boxes.

For the money these can't be beat. I also got mine for $14.99 (two packs) and picked up extra as gifts for family. They are bright, well made, and have two brightness settings and the strobe function. AND, they take AAA Batteries. Even at $20 they are great.

I bought these same ones a couple years ago, very bright but I found that I needed to buy a pallet of AAA's because they go through the batteries.

For the money these can't be beat. I also got mine for $14.99 (two packs) and picked up extra as gifts for family. They are bright, well made, and have two brightness settings and the strobe function. AND, they take AAA Batteries. Even at $20 they are great.

I bought these same ones a couple years ago, very bright but I found that I needed to buy a pallet of AAA's because they go through the batteries.

Yes, they will eat the batteries if you use them a lot and especially if you use the high beam. The good news is that AAA Batteries are relatively cheap if you shop for them, and you can manage battery life somewhat by only using high beam when necessary. That, and keep these things away from the children. Kids LOVE them..........

Fenix PD32

315 Lumen (on high, variable, retains last setting) - throws light out past 100 yards - light is bright white;

Small, easily fits in front pocket, I carry one all the time; I own no less than five of these

CR123 batteries (2); most common for powerful LED lights; $1/battery in bulk; $2/battery for Surefires/others

Belt Clip/ pocket retention clip or you can remove.

I've never had one of these Fenix lights die. There is nothing wrong with a cheap pack of LED flashlights from Costco, I have those also for general work. But for 'carry' I recommend a higher quality, brighter, blinding unit like the Fenix.

These are great as weapon-mounted lights also.

I was at a restaurant the other night and a lady lost her earring. Her husband was looking around the floor with a 30 or so lumen little cheap light and I said 'here, try this!' - it was hilarious.

About $60 on Ebay shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fenix-PD32-...2129935?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item1e7338ef0f

I too highly recomend Coast brand local company flashlites. I drive a dump truck for a paving company and we often work at night or get started before sunrise or work until well after sunset. For the last 5 years I have carried one COAST LED flashlite in my pocket. it uses 4) SR-44 button cells which I buy in bulk off ebay for pennies each. The switch has very failed the LED is just as bright as ever and the over all condition of the light has held up amazingly well. It has hundreds of hours of hard use been dropped dozens of times. And its in my pocket now.

They have a full line of LED flashlites and you should be able to find one that suits your needs.

I just bought a pen lite shaped one that uses two AA batteries and has a button switch on the end its going on my home defense shotty. Only .600" diameter and about 6.5" long

Hey, Thanks everyone, I really mean it, I am wanting a few more more pwerfull lgihts and the suggestions got me to thinking about diversifying my flashlights battery types and use. Now I need to make a decision.

Thanks again for the quick responses, : )

Where did you buy them?

We are going with the Fenix 2 AA cells for our defensive flashlights but those look good for glovebox lights

We currently have Streamlight Scorpion LED CR123 flashlights but I'm trying to switch almost everything to AA and 2032 batteries. I also highly recommend the Photon series of keychain lights, we have one on every keychain and coat zipper pull. White is the brightest and the colors are good for preserving night vision and to ID team/family members with a specific color

Where did you buy them?

We are going with the Fenix 2 AA cells for our defensive flashlights but those look good for glovebox lights

We currently have Streamlight Scorpion LED CR123 flashlights but I'm trying to switch almost everything to AA and 2032 batteries. I also highly recommend the Photon series of keychain lights, we have one on every keychain and coat zipper pull. White is the brightest and the colors are good for preserving night vision and to ID team/family members with a specific color

costco

The Costco lights are cheap, but that is the only thing they have going for them. I have had no success with them. Out of the 3 I purchased 0 are still working. They won't keep batteries in them, any time I picked one up they needed fresh batteries, even a day after I replaced. Soon after that they stopped working altogether. The three Led Lenser lights I have are still goi g strong, two with the original AA batteries I put in them 2 years ago. One of them that has needed new batteries has gone through the washing machine twice and still functions. I have 100% confidence in the lights that they are going work when I pick them up. To me it is worth the investment. Friends who own the lights store batteries separate from the lights so they last, but that isn't a solution for me.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top