JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks much for that info, Diesel. I hate junk lights.. I would also warn everyone away from Inova lights, they are mostly overpriced junk

The Costco lights are cheap, but that is the only thing they have going for them. I have had no success with them. Out of the 3 I purchased 0 are still working. They won't keep batteries in them, any time I picked one up they needed fresh batteries, even a day after I replaced. Soon after that they stopped working altogether. The three Led Lenser lights I have are still goi g strong, two with the original AA batteries I put in them 2 years ago. One of them that has needed new batteries has gone through the washing machine twice and still functions. I have 100% confidence in the lights that they are going work when I pick them up. To me it is worth the investment. Friends who own the lights store batteries separate from the lights so they last, but that isn't a solution for me.

That's very strange. I've had my first 3 since January and they work great. I even use one everyday at work. The other 6 I own work good too. They're pretty much free lights when you consider that they come with 9 Duracells to power them too lol.

That's very strange. I've had my first 3 since January and they work great. I even use one everyday at work. The other 6 I own work good too. They're pretty much free lights when you consider that they come with 9 Duracells to power them too lol.

It could very well be I just got a bad batch of lights. Like I said, two friend have bought 3-6 of them and as long as they store the batteries out of the light they work fine. My experience was just so bad with them, anytime I think I may give them another chance I remember how disappointed I was with them the first time. Costco carries good gear and people seem to have a great experiences with the lights, but mine was just not so great.

Regardless, you're right, they are very cheap considering they come with the batteries.

It could very well be I just got a bad batch of lights. Like I said, two friend have bought 3-6 of them and as long as they store the batteries out of the light they work fine. My experience was just so bad with them, anytime I think I may give them another chance I remember how disappointed I was with them the first time. Costco carries good gear and people seem to have a great experiences with the lights, but mine was just not so great.

Regardless, you're right, they are very cheap considering they come with the batteries.

Depending on how long you have had the flashlights or anything else for that matter they have a great return policy if there is any problem

Redline by Nebo! At 100% 220 lumens, 4hrs. 50% 110 lumens, 8hrs. 10% 22 lumens, 15hrs. Strobe, SOS, magnetic base, Face tearer for hand to hand, adjustable focus, aluminum body, 3 AAA battery's (I'm still on original batts). This has been a terrific light, even after a year the strobe is blinding! I got it from Amazon for about $20-25.

They have gotten better in the last few years - the early ones had a "low battery" red light in the switch that would glow red when they were nearly dead - of course they also ate the batteries up pretty quick checking if the battery was low constantly.

I was given one of the Costco flashlights as a gift about 3 years ago. It ate batteries within a month, constantly needing new ones, and eventually stopped working after a year or so. Hopefully they have gotten better since then, but who knows. I think the other two lights haven't had the same problems.

They have gotten better in the last few years - the early ones had a "low battery" red light in the switch that would glow red when they were nearly dead - of course they also ate the batteries up pretty quick checking if the battery was low constantly.

I have owned three different models, the first had the light green switch caps that had the low battery indicator, and these were garbage. Then they had 200 lumen ones with black switches and then 250 lumens. Both the 200 & 250 have been great for the price. The Romisen are also pretty good for the price. Neither the Costo or Romisen are a good tactical light (Surefire, Fenix, 4Sevens, Streamlight, Elzetta) and I recommend everyone have at least one good light but for the garage or glove boxes the cheap lights are great.

I have owned three different models, the first had the light green switch caps that had the low battery indicator, and these were garbage. Then they had 200 lumen ones with black switches and then 250 lumens. Both the 200 & 250 have been great for the price. The Romisen are also pretty good for the price. Neither the Costo or Romisen are a good tactical light (Surefire, Fenix, 4Sevens, Streamlight, Elzetta) and I recommend everyone have at least one good light but for the garage or glove boxes the cheap lights are great.

just curious what makes the (Surefire, Fenix, 4Sevens, Streamlight, Elzetta) a good tactical light over the say the costco light?

just curious what makes the (Surefire, Fenix, 4Sevens, Streamlight, Elzetta) a good tactical light over the say the costco light?

I use the Fenix LD20 AA flashlights and they have many advantages over cheaper lights, like-

Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
General Mode: 5 lumens (100 hrs)-> 30 lumens (15 hrs)-> 81 lumens (5 hrs 57 min)-> SOS
Turbo Mode: 180 lumens (2hrs 16 min)-> Strobe

I have also been looking at the Fenix LD41, which has an output of 520 lumens from 4 AA batteries.

I use only rechargeable batteries for my Fenix lights, since i have a lot of rechargeable batteries for my DSLR hot shoe flashes.

I have been very pleased with the Fenix flashlights, they blow away the cheaper lights i use to own.

advantages = tactical how so? I see no advantage having 4 light levels in a tactical situation, I think you can get aaa rechargeable batteries, I believe for tac situations being able to find a button on and off and having a good bright white light is what you want in a tac situation granted all the other features are good to have just not real important in a tactical situation. one thing that the costco lights don't have and I wish they did have is an adjustable beam once again nice but not vital.

advantages = tactical how so? I see no advantage having 4 light levels in a tactical situation, I think you can get aaa rechargeable batteries, I believe for tac situations being able to find a button on and off and having a good bright white light is what you want in a tac situation granted all the other features are good to have just not real important in a tactical situation.

The Fenix LD20 has a tailcap switch and you can also put on different pressure switches as well, for rifle /shotgun mounting.

You can change from low to high power or vise versa, instantly.

Different light levels allow you to look at maps, gps, gear, etc... on lower power levels, while using the red or green filter and not be seen.

On high power, a light push of the on/off swith puts the Fenix LD20 on rapid strobe at 180 lumens, to disorient and identify targets.

Quality

There's a pretty big quality difference between a cheap light like a Romison (great light, BTW) and a fancy Surefire, Fenix, Jetbeam, etc. When you buy one of those lights, you're getting one that will last nearly forever.

The Fenix LD20 has a tailcap switch and you can also put on different pressure switches as well, for rifle /shotgun mounting.

You can change from low to high power or vise versa, instantly.

Different light levels allow you to look at maps, gps, gear, etc... on lower power levels, while using the red or green filter and not be seen.

On high power, a light push of the on/off swith puts the Fenix LD20 on rapid strobe at 180 lumens, to disorient and identify targets.

ok I see the differences now didn't know about some of the additional add on' s (filters tail caps)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top