JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am definitely in for this one. I do have some experience but I know there is 1 million things I can still learn.

FYI there are over 3000 homes in the Portland Metro area that are vacant. And we could do work anywhere from a 700 square-foot home all the way up to a 6000 square-foot home. Does anyone know how to bypass alarm systems? LOL

Hey, just wondering, when I lived out in the Virginia beach area, I was prt of a tactical movement team that got together and trained with real unloaded weapons, and then we boughtsimunitions and that took it to a whole new level, anyways, besides airsoft teams, is there anyone that does this, should we figure out how to start one, ideas?

Wow! This is exactly what I was looking for in my new member introduction thread. I guess that I shouldn't be that surprised, just thrilled.

So I think the idea of this has swayed from what we actually did and what I would do....
1) No live ammo
2) Group of people who have been in tactical teams before, so base line safety is there. No way I am going full breach with some people I hardly know.
3) Further down the line, if we found a location that does not mind blue or red paint splats, buy and use simunition.
4) We would train and teach each other, all tactical instructors i have ever met have and was in the LE (SWAT-HBT-/SF) community. There really is no need for tactical instructors in the civilain world except for single man home movements.
5) As stated in the beginning, it was fun to do some high speed low drag stuff without the stress of real threats, or the fear of messing up. Made us better IMO when we did the real knuckle dragging stuff. My team was pretty set back then. Like I said, I don't how to make this work up and out here, think it could be fun to have a little get together of the folks who want to pursue this and see what happens.

I am not interested (unless you ever want to teach folks the fundamentals of one man, bump in the middle of the night, home invasion situations) and am about as low-speed, high-drag as they come.

That said, after seeing so many folks chime in, it would be helpful to explicitly clarify who you are looking for here, again.

"Enthusiasts?" Guys who "want to learn?"

Seems that you're only (and arguably rightfully) looking for folks who have experience with this.

Yes, people with experiance would be ideal. Later it we could add to and teach folks as they would want to learn. This is for fun only, ex-high speed low drag people who don't get to do this anymore is what I would like.
Heres the real deal, we are using real weapons, we would check and recheck prior to executing any drill. Trust is a main stay with this team. So that being sad, I would like to do this sooner than later.

Yes, people with experiance would be ideal. Later it we could add to and teach folks as they would want to learn. This is for fun only, ex-high speed low drag people who don't get to do this anymore is what I would like.
Heres the real deal, we are using real weapons, we would check and recheck prior to executing any drill. Trust is a main stay with this team. So that being sad, I would like to do this sooner than later.

What schools did you go through at Blackwater? Were you a VBSS team member or Security Force Team member? Ex Navy?

What you are asking to do is unrealistic;

Teams of this nature, regardless of what you call them; spend months living with each other, years practicing the movements, endless studies and brainstorming on each assault (eg Blueprints, Opposition, etc...). They know each others families and children's names, which gives them an inherent dedication and devotion to each other.

If you are wanting to put on some cool gear and play on the weekends, that is one thing. However; you can never (more than likely) reach the needed proficiency required to do such a task at full speed with live fire (not to mention the requirements for a Kill House)

I urge you not to pursue this venture outside of simple "weekend play".

Outside of the obvious risk involved; Do you understand what mindset one must have to consciously place themselves into harms way for the sole purpose of saving others life, which goes above and beyond Fight or Flight (this is what we are talking about here). Do you understand that the military has spent centuries worth of knowledge and training to form a young soldiers mind so he would pull that trigger when needed (eg Kill-Kill-Kill, Blood-Blood-Blood, Bayonet Training, Silhouette Targets, Computer Games, etc...)

This is getting to long so I will just stop abruptly...

So Duck and others, thank you for the concern. Like I said, we did this when I was in Virginia. I will most in likely lock this post because we have already built our team and already been working together. Actually we just got from FT Lewis where we worked with some Army boys up there. Had a great time and we also got to work with Seattle SRT team. It was good practice with all of us.
So putting on the Cool clothes was something we did Saturday and yesterday for the first time. We practices and "lived" together for the last 3 weeks using some houses, pre-built homes with permission and some warehouses.
I think you all don't understand what we are doing. its not to be a SWAT team, or a SPECOPS team, or use live ammo, or even go live in a shoot house. If you want to know what we are actually doing, come and watch.
This is for fun, not occupation, I gave that up 2 years ago.

This is a great idea. The main reason, "fire teams" or "engagement teams" are needed for early engagement.. Waiting until the boys in blue or other marauding forces come to your front door might be a horrible and fatal tactical decision.

By the time they tap on your door very well intending to violate your rights (like we clearly saw in Watertown Mass) you've already lost the fight. Thus early engagement tac-teams might be a good idea.

I would have fully supported a early engagement fire team militia movement AGAINST the door to door leo sweep teams. What they did was wrong, very wrong. Yet the sheep love to see martial law in their home towns and have their rights violated.

See my post in this section on Training Options. About TIDE classes on Room Sweeping and Clearing 101 single and pairs, 102 in teams and 103 Structure Takeover and Command. Excellent stuff!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top