JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, just wondering, when I lived out in the Virginia beach area, I was prt of a tactical movement team that got together and trained with real unloaded weapons, and then we boughtsimunitions and that took it to a whole new level, anyways, besides airsoft teams, is there anyone that does this, should we figure out how to start one, ideas?

Start line. You will need a shoothouse, which is nontrivial in a whole bunch of different ways. But if you can get one started, particularly with someone who REALLY knows what they are doing (Seals, Army SF, etc) you will get tons of people interested in your club.

The issue here is getting the trainer/mentor for your club who REALLY knows what they are doing.

I train defensive handgun for a living and I would not even THINK about training at levels like this, which are their own special beast and which I am not even close to qualified to teach.

Start line. You will need a shoothouse, which is nontrivial in a whole bunch of different ways. But if you can get one started, particularly with someone who REALLY knows what they are doing (Seals, Army SF, etc) you will get tons of people interested in your club.

The issue here is getting the trainer/mentor for your club who REALLY knows what they are doing.

I train defensive handgun for a living and I would not even THINK about training at levels like this, which are their own special beast and which I am not even close to qualified to teach.
Thanks for your reply. When I was out east it was a bunch of us sf boys, reaction team members, and SWAT guys. We even did some competitions using so munitions and such taking down houses and building,ton of fun, miss doing the pipe hitter work sometimes. There is a lot of issues, we used black water training grounds, now academy, henrico county swat training grounds also, each others homes, and we could always log training on the base shot houses also. But your exactly right, I don't know what the nw climate is like for sf guys that would want to train like that

I think a reasonable number of people on this site, especially those of us that are/were in similar positions (though nowhere near the level of SF), would be interested in pursuing the type of training/simulations that you are talking about. At least I know that I would, as I don't always feel that the amount of training I receive/am given is commensurate with my level of responsibility. But Misterbill's comment is 100% correct, and I think it would be essential to have the sort of trainer/Safety Officer that he speaks of. Not only for safety, but also in order for most people to learn in that environment.

i wouldnt mind taking part but really the idea would be to get some tips on moving through my own home for me. my guns are solely for home defense so i suppose it would make sense to at least get some pointers even if it isnt formal training.

I think you're on to something. At my last duty station before punching out, my collateral duty was Platoon Chief of one of the Auxiliary Security Platoons. That was a lot of fun and where I really learned to use my weapon.

So I think the idea of this has swayed from what we actually did and what I would do....
1) No live ammo
2) Group of people who have been in tactical teams before, so base line safety is there. No way I am going full breach with some people I hardly know.
3) Further down the line, if we found a location that does not mind blue or red paint splats, buy and use simunition.
4) We would train and teach each other, all tactical instructors i have ever met have and was in the LE (SWAT-HBT-/SF) community. There really is no need for tactical instructors in the civilain world except for single man home movements.
5) As stated in the beginning, it was fun to do some high speed low drag stuff without the stress of real threats, or the fear of messing up. Made us better IMO when we did the real knuckle dragging stuff. My team was pretty set back then. Like I said, I don't how to make this work up and out here, think it could be fun to have a little get together of the folks who want to pursue this and see what happens.

So seen a lot of folks want to put this together, so what about a meet and greet. Pm me for my phone number if you want to plan something and we will make it happen and shoot the crap over some beers

I'd love too. I have aspirations of becoming a leo at some point in life (sooner rather than later...) and the tactical aspect of it all is something I enjoy. Noted I wouldn't take what I learned at this shoot and show my local PD what I can do, but I would enjoy the idea if it for my own satisfaction. Time and place preferably on the weekend as I wok or the railroad and I have no guarantees on when ill be off. But I'm in!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top