JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
No riot was declared in that park, on that night, so while you may not like the ideals of those individuals, they were not 'rioting' then and there.

Whoever threw that pipebomb, is a straight up coward. Is that how they train SEALs?
A declaration of riot is not limited to a particular block or street but is an area wide, NOT city wide, decree by the on site LE commander and remains in effect until they say otherwise. That cessation is based on conditions and circumstances within the effected area. A staging area for rioters inactive at that point in time is not a shelter to avoid intervention by LE. They just decided not to for reasons only known to their command authority.

I cannot speak directly to the ethos of the training of NSW operators and neither can you I suspect. Decades ago in a past life I had the honor and privilege to train with and be trained by them as well as from members of SFOD-D. From that I can tell you that they are all extremely mission focused.

In commenting in this thread I am not making an assessment of character, as you seem to be, and prefer to wait for the investigation to be completed before casting judgement. I have stated my opinion as to how citizens are disheartened and fed up with the chaos wrought not by protesters motivated by conscience, but by anarchists/ANTIFA/Marxists whose agenda appears to be overturning American culture and society, and the destruction of the country.

I'm also dismayed by those motivated by conscience (WoM, MUfBLM, WoV) make little if any effort to dissuade by words or numbers, those bent on creating havoc by committing crimes. I have seen individuals try at some points and have been impressed by a couple of Black men speaking their views about how violent behavior by rioters adversely effects the cause for which the protests were first stood up, and the ultimate effect upon communities of color. They are ignored and a couple of times have been shouted down.

Last Edited:
Helping with "gun ownership" to members of a group that openly condone violent acts is irresponsible at best. :rolleyes:

I use my judgement, which you're welcome to question.:D Plenty of folks on this forum openly condone all kinds of violence, with all kinds of justifications, but I realize it's generally all talk and no walk, hypothetical, idealistic, etc. I'll still go out to cleanups with y'all, and don't feel the need to bat an eye. I would probably reconsider my actions if there had been 70 something nights of gun fights, but those aren't the folks I associate with.

Riddle Me This?
If two groups are present every single night, one for "peaceful protest" and the other for violence, why does the first group of peace, love, and good happiness stuff stick around after the rioting, looting, burning, and assaults on the police starts? Seems to me, they are both actually a single group with a single purpose, hiding behind a lie that everyone can now see through! BLM shows up to a Police office or other official building and start damaging that building and placing those in side at risk, that's flat out terrorism pure and simple!

sure, if you believe they're violent and destructive, than calling them rioters makes perfect sense. If you believe they fit the criteria for terrorism, then by all means, call them terrorists.

You may or may not be aware that there are multiple groups of protests everyday in portland, sometimes up to a dozen. Usually there is only one that is declared a riot. What would you call the others? Or the folks that comprise the other groups?

It's almost like, the majority of protesters are good people, and it's only a few bad apples that cause trouble. Or was that cops, or was that just people in general... I keep forgetting. Either way, absolute blanket statements are rarely a true thing.

Sure, there might be other groups protesting, but the Riots are still riots, and supporting that gives the rest a bad name if you support their cause! The whole thing is a great big lie, and everybody knows it! Hell, the police see it every single night and call it for what it is!

For what it's worth, the peaceful side has completely lost its message, when the whole world learned what a P.O.S. George Floyd was, and while what that cop did was also wrong, the whole world lost all sympathy toward the black movement in the process! So, what is the purpose of those peaceful protests now?

Most people that attend them probably can't TRULY answer that question. It's sad really.
Extreme, radical change of American culture and society from top to bottom to conform with whatever ideology the mob believes righteous and those who are duped in to that righteousness will submit to or be coerced in to.

sure, if you believe they're violent and destructive, than calling them rioters makes perfect sense. If you believe they fit the criteria for terrorism, then by all means, call them terrorists.

You may or may not be aware that there are multiple groups of protests everyday in portland, sometimes up to a dozen. Usually there is only one that is declared a riot. What would you call the others? Or the folks that comprise the other groups?

It's almost like, the majority of protesters are good people, and it's only a few bad apples that cause trouble. Or was that cops, or was that just people in general... I keep forgetting. Either way, absolute blanket statements are rarely a true thing.
B84AF0E8-D492-4CB2-9182-1C8BE632DD7F.jpeg

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews