JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ha,ha.....for when SHTF in more ways than one?

Sorry buddy, I couldn't resist.

My wife and I don't have kids so I can't offer any more than just a lame joke this morning, but congrats on the new baby!

Sure why not. But keep in mind 28 years ago while at Beverly beach we had the rear window of the car shot out with a BB pistol and they stole my leather jacket the wife's purse and the DIAPER BAG which really looked like a DIAPER bag. Guess trying to hide a purse with a leather jacket in a station wagon wasn't such a good idea.

To bad I wasn't 2 min's sooner getting to the car since I had my 9mm in my waist band.

We got the wife's purse back minus the stuff inside they kept the Diaper bag (or tossed it somewhere else) and I never saw the leather jacket again.

thieves will steal anything.

I'm leaning towards the Maxpedition. It looks close enough to a diaper bag, but it has a dedicated gun pocket that the 5.11 Tactical seems to be missing.

Look, just give up on looking tacticool. If you really want to blend in, you just have a big OshKosh or whatever the hippest brand is these days filled with diapers, tissues, wipes and whatchamahaveits. Since these bags on average contain more than a pre-Black Friday delivery truck coming to Walmart, you can stick half a dozen full size handguns in there without anybody ever noticing. Nobody will be surprised about the weight either.

Anyway, congratulations and enjoy your full nights of sleep while they last.

Don't get a diaper bag just for you. Get a diaper bag for her. You just use whatever bag you normally use. Take it, I have some experience. My wife used to take half the baby room with her, of course everything in its separate ziplock bag. If I'd take him somewhere, I'd take a diaper or two, a little thingie of wipes, a clean onesy and one or two small bottles of baby food. Nothing that wouldn't fit in the corner of a small backpack I already would take with me for a camera.

Pisses SWMBO off, but once she comes to terms with the fact that she consistently takes too much with her and the kid never got sick or missed anything with me, it eased things up. Plus, there are often helpful other moms/dads around in case you're short anything. A cute baby really does break the ice. When ours was maybe 6 months, my wife wanted to go shopping on a day off so we were in Nordstrom's on a quiet morning. At some point she wondered why so many girls were screeching and ooh'ing and aahhh'ing and she went looking for me. There I was, helpless with about a dozen young Nordstrom chicks all over my son, who, little charmer that he is, gave them all he wanted with smiles and waving.

A cute baby really does break the ice.

Agreed, if I would have known that having a kid was such a huge chick magnet I would have snaged one up years ago!

Back on topic- there's nothing wrong with using one of these bags as a diaper bag...especially since one he's/she's older you can still use it for all your other goodies. They do hold a LOT of stuff and have a lot of pouches. Like I said before, they're a lot bigger than they look. The Mexpedition will last you longer than the UTG one I recommended earlier, but they're exactly the same bag- just Maxpediation uses better threading and cordura. If you just plan on using it as a diaper bag and throwing your pistol stuff in it as a bonus, I would recommend the UTG one from Amazon. If you plan on using it for years and years, get the Maxpediation.

My $0.02

I just found out that it comes in all black as well!
Amazon.com: UTG Multi-Functional Tactical Messenger Bag, Black: Sports & Outdoors

Does it have a built-in holster?

No, it has a section for the holster/gun- but no holster. I actually don't use any nylon holsters anymore.

*edit*

You ever thought of just using a kydex, pull away trigger guard?

nSVKQl.jpg

IMHO, these work great for off-the-body carry.

I have a Maxpedition jumbo versipack, but I don't use it for a diaper bag. I got the Maxpedition multi-purpose bag (MPB) for that. I had it all set up for my son's toiletries (plus a CCW for dad), but we always ended up taking my wife's diaper bag when we went somewhere. The maxpedition bag has been repurposed into a real nice range bag, which was really my intention all along!

You ever thought of just using a kydex, pull away trigger guard?
IMHO, these work great for off-the-body carry.

Pretty slick, but I only have 1911's right now, and I want something to either cover the safety, or keep the gun from moving.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top