JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking the odds of needing a bug out bag or a get home bag probably are slim as compared to a get out of the house bag. Why a get out of the house bag? Think about this for example. 2am in the morning you and yours are sleeping and the house catches on fire you are in your undies so grab the bag with a change of clothes and shoes cold weather gear if it is the season , grab your wallet and you and yours can get out of the house ASAP, once out of the house you can get dressed and go to a friends house or a hotel room dressed. The next morning you can buy some clothes and get on with the process of life.

I think my odds of needing a "bug-out-bag" are significantly lower than me getting hit by lightning. Therefore I HAVE no BOB. I can pack up absolute essentials in a couple of minutes. Absent that I know how to survive with nothing but my bare hands if necessary and both of my cars have some emergency supplies (Medicine, bandages, water).

I'm all for being prepared and I AM prepared, for any seriously imaginable scenario. I can think of virtually NO scenario where it would be a good idea to leave my home in a matter of minutes. Red Dawn was a cute movie, but it wasn't reality

the whole notion od the popular use of a BOB is ridiculous. everyone should have a bag of emergency essentials, there is no reason to call it a bug out bag, it is there for emergencies not running from threats. it bugs me when someone asks why i buy emergency supplies by asking "you mean like a bug out bag?". the bag in my trunk is in case something happens on the side of the road and there is no way to call for help. anyone who travels more than to and from work knows, there are places where the phone stops working and few people travel that road. the last thing you need is for your tire to blow out and someone with you gets hurt and you have nothing to help with.

thats close to what my trunk has looked since about the same age. i dont keep ammo in the car but i have the addition of medical supplies. something ive done long before this crap about bug out bags.

Ever since my first car I've always had a tote of some sort with rain gear, jumper cables, flares, tools, first aide, granola bars of some sort and water. And ive had to use most of it at some point, usually for other people. Now that I'm a little older and travel more for visiting family and have a longer commute, it's all been broken up into stuff for the vehicle and other stuff in a lightweight "get home bag" in case I have to leave my vehicle to get help etc.

As far as at home, I have a hiking day pack ready to grab with food water and misc. If something happens and we have to get out of the house, it's grab the bag, the family, and a couple small lock/file boxes with important docs and we will be ok.

...you just cant go wrong keeping some important things in the car.

I thought that too- until my supplies were stollen from my Jeep for the second time. I'm a huge fan of EDC bags. I actually carry two to work (one for work and one I leave in the carpool that has the gun/ammo I can't have in work). Ever thought of caching supplies? Even in your own yard, having an ammo can with a pistol and some money is a good idea.

ive considered it but i dont think that there is a chance that something would happen that would make that worth the risk of improper seals destroying what ive stored. if i were still in florida i would because at times your home could be blown away. here in oregon it would just be a freak happening.

have you considered an aluminum lock box to add security to your supplies in your jeep?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top