JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really need to apply to be a member there. I did fill out the parperwork once and I got a call, but I couldn't make the meeting and the slot went to some one else. :(

Maybe this year.........

There is a waiting list still so get your application in because renewal is soon and this is the best time to get in line. People drop every year.

I know last year when I got a membership there were at least 25 other people joining also. So if you get your ap in there is a good chance you will get a membership.

Last year I was a guest at Clark Rifles [Brush Prairie, WA] and had a great time. I was treated like a visiting hero, for reasons I cannot fathom - I guess they thought I was somebody else.

My thanks to Lee and Chuck for making my day there such a memorable one!

We'll be going back in May next year for sure, so you might want to pencil that month into your diaries to stay clear, unless you don't mind talking to a furriner from back over there.

tac

Rainier gun club $45 a year . Hardly anyone ever there.

I just go out Ocean Beach HWY and take Germany Creek toward BLM land. All the clear cut you can defile up there.

My thanks to Lee and Chuck for making my day there such a memorable one!

We'll be going back in May next year for sure, so you might want to pencil that month into your diaries to stay clear, unless you don't mind talking to a furriner from back over there.

tac

when chuck is no longer with us, i will have the his name memorialized in regards to the toilets and sewer system.

Thought I would bump this thread and ask if people still shoot near Larch Mtn. at the old Gravel Pit 45°43'6.07"N 122°19'2.06"W

I still visit that very spot. It's exactly 1 mile up from the sign, so it's perfectly fine to use. Have run into off duty cops up there getting some practice time in with their personal guns, and my buddy was up for the DNR cleanup day last year helping out, and in both cases, everyone is fine with it as long as you don't trash the place.

On the downside, though, it can get crowded at that spot, and more than once I've had drive back down the hill and call the cops because right next to the case of shotgun shells was a case of beer. And even when they aren't drinking, some of the people who visit up there don't have the best safety habits.

I still visit that very spot. It's exactly 1 mile up from the sign, so it's perfectly fine to use. Have run into off duty cops up there getting some practice time in with their personal guns, and my buddy was up for the DNR cleanup day last year helping out, and in both cases, everyone is fine with it as long as you don't trash the place.

On the downside, though, it can get crowded at that spot, and more than once I've had drive back down the hill and call the cops because right next to the case of shotgun shells was a case of beer. And even when they aren't drinking, some of the people who visit up there don't have the best safety habits.

Yup that's where me and my buddies shoot. Be careful up there... about two years ago me and a buddy were 'descended upon' by a car load of meth'ed-out tweakers. They were totally cranked out and thought we couldn't hear them planning an ambush. They literally all went behind a rock pile, took a knee, and started drawing out an attack plan just like they were playing football. They broke, and one guy walked out slowly and started pretending to pick up brass. Another guy walked back thru the woods, trying to get to our left flank, another guy did the same thing to our right. A fourth (female), went and sat in the car and watched... We started packing our stuff up to get out of there to avoid having to shoot someone, but the brass picker starting picking faster, and got about 10 feet from me before I flat out told him that I knew what he was planning and that he was not going to succeed. He looked at me with complete shock like "Wow dude how did you know I was gonna jump you?" They were so messed up they didn't realize that there was no possible way they could have left that hill with our firearms. It reminded me how much I really don't want to shoot someone and how bubblegumed up some people are. Ever since then we don't go up there unless we have at least three guys. I've been going there since the mid 90's and never any problems with folks until the last couple of years. Now it's probably ever third time up there that we run into somebody we'd rather not be around. Maybe now that I've got a wife and a crew of little kids, I'm just alot more cautious than I used to be.

-Thirtycal

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads