JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That would be a nice to have option.

Clearing trees is one issue, unless you can clear stumps also, you likely would not be able to mow with any kind of tractor so you may have to do it by hand. Cutting a 5 yard wide swath 1300 yards long is tough work. It would need to be done about 3 or 4 times each year

what size are the trees? I've pulled fir stumps on my property with an F250 or an A-frame and 5 ton comealong
if this is marketable timber, you can get your contractor to pull the stumps or a rented front loader
just saying, they invented a manual big wheel stump puller when they built the Erie Canal

Thank you all for the support. A lot of questions to answer. Lot is cleared for the most part. Cleared logging property so just a sh*t ton of sticks everywhere. Just waiting on planning to get back to me. They said shouldn't be an issue. Special use permit. Has electric at the entrance (hallelujah). Did cost analysis and projections. Insurance etc. It's doable. Property is about 450 yards by 1350 yards. Slopes from 300 feet elevation to 660 elevation so we don't have to worry about rogue bullets. Been shopping for property all over the west. Surrounded by forest on 3 sides. I understand the risk and already have a plan to go back to being a consultant to free up my time. I also understand I'll probably be all by myself out there but, I want all of us long range psychos to have our own playground. Tactical courses, scenario courses, etc.

Can you elaborate on what you heard and the source?

There is a reference to part of English Pit staying open, but I've heard anecdotally that English Pit's viability will be at risk. This I think sucks. I really like having English Pit nearby.

I would go shoot there for sure. I would v willing to help any way I can. I'm a carpenter who enjoy shooting. I hope it happens. But I have to agree with the joe. Business wise… don't make much sense. Definitely fun tho. But contact me if you need help.

Thank you all for the support. A lot of questions to answer. Lot is cleared for the most part. Cleared logging property so just a sh*t ton of sticks everywhere. Just waiting on planning to get back to me. They said shouldn't be an issue. Special use permit. Has electric at the entrance (hallelujah). Did cost analysis and projections. Insurance etc. It's doable. Property is about 450 yards by 1350 yards. Slopes from 300 feet elevation to 660 elevation so we don't have to worry about rogue bullets. Been shopping for property all over the west. Surrounded by forest on 3 sides. I understand the risk and already have a plan to go back to being a consultant to free up my time. I also understand I'll probably be all by myself out there but, I want all of us long range psychos to have our own playground. Tactical courses, scenario courses, etc.
I'd be willing to help you out for an opportunity to shoot there out to some distance. I'm tired of being harassed by DNR for doing what is in my opinion 99.9% safe. I'm only free on weekends as I am not yet retired from AD, but I imagine you get a lot of flakes. I am by no means a flake.

Did you mention where in a general sense this property is? I have a spot I use now and its two hours away over the mountains. If I can help I will, I'm a retired fence contractor and can help with figuring out what you would need if you decided to fence off sections.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top