JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I could use a hand or four. I want to remove this dumped canopy, clean up some shooting trash at the end of that road, and clean up some trash at a gravel pit on the main 1600 road. I'll need a flatbed trailer for hauling the canopy, as it won't fit in the back of my pickup, but I do have a hitch that I could haul the trailer. Either we can drop the canopy off at the Prison or we haul it to the landfill. I'll know by next week when I clear it with the Warden. Trash No Land will cover any disposal costs.

Dumped Canopy... It's on a spur road just up from the Jones Creek Trailhead parking area (all the way to the end of that spur). At the end is a place where people have been shooting and there's a bit of trash left behind (mostly glass bottles on stumps). Not much. This spot is NOT a safe place to shoot and we shouldn't be shooting there. I'd like to remove the trash and make it look like there's no evidence of any shooting there. Hopefully, others won't get the idea and think it must be okay (this is a motorcycle trails area and a main roadway off in the distance. Any skipped bullets could easily angle up in that direction. Besides, no adequate 'Earthen Berm Backstop' prior to the hazards at hand.).

The other spot is a gravel pit that is right on the main road up from the JCTH parking lot. It's the pit on the corner where someone has illegally dumped and there is some shooting trash (which people should NOT be shooting at because of proximity to the road and ricochet concerns exist). The pit crew starts work this coming week, however, they start a little ways down from the actual pit. He said they would not bother to remove the trash before excavating in the pit, which means the trash will simply get mixed in with the gravel they haul out. I think it'd be awesome if we were to go clean it up before they started inside the pit (No one else but responsible shooters will clean it up before they start their work! But we will!!!). This won't take long with just 2 to 4 people.

(The graffiti you see on the rocks in the pit, (in the other pics) will stay for now. We won't be able to wash it off anytime soon, so it will disappear along with the gravel. If they are still there by this spring, we'll take up the pressure washer and clean it all off).

There is LOTS of trash at many other shooting sites all over the Burn, however, it's too much to deal with in one day. So, let's get a couple of the top priority parts done next Saturday, before the pit crew moves in.

Pics are from Friday, 1-14-22.

Meet at 10 AM on Saturday, 1-22-22 at the gravel pit on the L1600 road, just up from the Jones Creek Trailhead parking lot.
GPS: 45.676246674558726, -122.27638100615054

1-22-22 Mini Cleanup 8.jpg

1-22-22 Mini Cleanup 1.jpg 1-22-22 Mini Cleanup 2.jpg

1-22-22 Mini Cleanup 3.jpg 1-22-22 Mini Cleanup 4.jpg 1-22-22 Mini Cleanup 5.jpg 1-22-22 Mini Cleanup 6.jpg

The DNR Warden and I cleared the road of a group of rocks that recently fell from above.
1-22-22 Mini Cleanup 7.jpg

Post up if you can help next Saturday!

Thanks,
Bill

Weather looks great for Saturday! Sounds like Mat and Dean may join me. Thanks!

No flatbed trailer yet, so we may not be able to get the canopy out. Dean and I are taking our sawzalls in case we think it can be cut and folded to fit in my pickup. If it's all aluminum, I may cash it in for scrap to help pay for the trash disposal.

Let me know if you can be there, or simply show up at 10 tomorrow.

Thanks
Bill

I'll be there. I have an open utility trailer if needed [56" wide x 96" long].
Bob
Hey Bob, I just got a call from the DNR Warden who said someone has removed the canopy. So, we won't need a trailer tomorrow. We'll end up with a few bags of trash and that will fit in my truck just fine.

Thanks for offering use of the trailer!
Bill

Good job Cog's

I frequent those pits and take out a bag of shot shells each time.

Thank you
Nice!

We're going back in the spring to clean graffiti from rocks at this place and the Arrowhead pit. That will be part of the big multi group Pick Up The Burn event.

Nice!

We're going back in the spring to clean graffiti from rocks at this place and the Arrowhead pit. That will be part of the big multi group Pick Up The Burn event.
Thanks, not sure how I missed the announcement of this one. I am twenty minutes from there.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top