JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope I've been in the woods for decades and there just isn't a safe place of more then 100 (200 if you're lucky) yards with the thick forests.

My range doesn't allow 50bmg's to be shot there.

Wenas wildlife area between Ellensburg and Yakima. They MAY not allow you in this time of year. Pretty dry. Tens of thousands of acres of good shooting. Hanford Reach a little to the East towards Tri Cities. Or go down to Cowlitz Country and head towards the coast out Ocean Beach HWY between Longview and Long Beach. Up Germany Creek road until you get into clear cut. Gods country out there.

I used to shoot out in the St Helens Tree farm until the Weyerhauser rockruckers shut it down . Bat rastards.Same with all those good areas past north bend up in the hills. Grrr.

You guys shoot at ranges? Weird.

Get on Google Earth. Find a State or Federal Forest near you. Look for big clearings. Print out the coordinates. Hop in your rig and go investigate several.

As long as you follow existing laws, what harm?

No shooting over waterways & creeks. No shooting over roads, structures or campsites. A good backstop - preferable earthen, because a bullet can start a fire.

There are many places to shoot long range but because of reasons already mentioned on this forum, you need to do the footwork.

I have herd of people who stretch out 1k to 2.5K yards.

I am an RSO at rattlesnake mountain shooting facility ( 3hrs EAST of Vancouver ) - and an FCSA member ( fifty caliber shooting association ) you are allowed to shoot 50bmg at the rose iris range when the fire danger is LOW because of steel targets down range - you can always shoot at the 1000 yard range there but its closed to the public you need to be an RSO or you need to be at an FCSA sanctioned event - the closest place in western Washington to shoot is Cowlitz county gun range ( exit 52 on I5 ) that's where I go to test my loads or sight in a scope - its only a 300 yard range but its good enough for what I use the range for . you can message me if you have any questions or if you want come use the 1000 yard range sometime:) I go out there every couple months to practice

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top