JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a FYI...OFA is offering our last Basic Wilderness & Urban Survivial for a Potentially Hostile Environment course of the year on Saturday October 17th.

I've been looking through the threads on bug out bags, gear, surivival rifles, plans, food and all the other threads noticing there are various opinions and options. Many of us have never lived in a hostile environment or never operated in a country where they've experienced a total meltdown. Fortunately for us our instructor at OFA has!

This class will give a comprehensive overview (it is a basic level course) that will answer many of these questions from an instructor who has lived in a hostile environment and had to survive! Joel's experience, background, and credentials are amazing to say the least. Joel has taught the same skills to goverment agents and special operators. Joel, on the goverment's dime, has traveled around the world learning and training with some of the most elite teams in the skills of survivial and how to operate in a hostile environment. His Bio on OFA's website is very vague about his experiences and credentials.

So...if you want to learn from someone who has BTDT this is probably the best $200 you can invest in preparing for any kind of disaster or problem.

I'm confident if you attend this class it will open your eyes to whole new world of looking at preparedness and survivial, clear up many myths and resolve many of the issues you may be wrestling with regarding what is the best survival rifle, where do I go if there is a disaster, who can I trust, what can I do to prepare...etc. It will also save you time and money that would be wasted on making poor choices and investments and buying gear/equipment you just don't need.

The course is designed to prepare folks to stay at home if it all possible during a disaster and will discuss things you can do to prepared...but it also deals with what to do if one needs to travel across the Pac Northwest to get to a safe house or you need to bug out into the wild.

The Basic course is the first in a series and by the end of Level 3 course you'll have been introduced to some fairly high level skills probably not taught anywhere else in North America...or at least that I'm aware of...this series is not your typical "how to build a fire and filter water" survivial course!

Please seriously kick the idea of attending this class around - I'm confident you will not be disappointed! Check out the class description on the OFA website call or email Vivian our Office Manager. Her direct email is [email protected] - all other contact info is listed in my sig line.

OFA and www.ofagear are both proud sponsors of this awesome forum!!!

Definitely a great course to look into. Joel had some excellent insight I'd never thought of from years of camping and Boy Scouts. And this course is a pre-req for the rest of the series.

I've had a couple people ask specifically what is covered in this series...here is a brief overview of the basic course and I'll update with the others in a day or two when I have more time:

Basic Wilderness:

The course covers:

•Understanding the steps for successful planning

•Developing the proper survival mindset

•Proper clothing -
◦Do's and Don'ts
◦Our First Line of Defense
◦Maintaining Body Core Temperature
◦How to use a Pocket Survival Kit

•How to build a Bug Out Bag - "BOB" - Positives and Pit Falls including
◦Navigation
◦Food
◦Shelter
◦Water
◦Fire
◦Tools
◦Defense
◦Communication
◦Transportation
◦Criteria for Gear Selection and Redundancies

•Caches and their benefits
◦Planning
◦Designing
◦Storing
◦Recovering
◦Utilizing

•Planning a Survival Location/Destination
◦Where to go?
◦What to look for?

•Force Multipliers

•Survival Firearms - Discussing things most people don't take into consideration when considering

•Aboriginal versus Modern Technology - The "How's and Whys"

•Skill Development; What to learn and why?
◦First Aid
◦Navigation
◦Knife, Ax, & Saw Usage
◦Knots
◦Fires
◦Shelter Construction
◦Food Procurement
◦Defensive Skills (security while moving and in camp)

•Tying it all together - Putting the Plan into Action!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top