JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wear a concealed pistol when working in the yard plus keep a firearm from a shotgun, to a .9mm carbine to a revolver to 2 different Glocks in every room of the house. Ah, that is one single firearm in every room, wait I keep 2 firearms in the living room as it's big...

Why?

Am I paranoid?

No, keenly observant of what the world could bring to me from home invasion criminals, random, opportunistic criminals, radical islamists (we've potentially lots in my general area, I know, not pc, but lots of these folks were well regarded until they went on a rampage the world over) While I'm well out in the country (I shoot feral hogs from my back porch) if some antifa monsters decide they'd like to come visit like they did to Tucker Carlson, I won't be as accommodating as they might think I have to be.

In addition, since Texas allows for open carrying if one is Licensed To Carry, I am, I OC when filling my truck. It keeps the beggars at bay, otherwise I mostly carry concealed.

Don't forget the comms. If there's no power for whatever reason, back up generators only last so long at the cell towers. If they can't get gas to them them that tower is out. Keep several GMRS radios handy. If you have a neighborhood buddy network they will cover the neighborhood just fine. Also, get a cheap dual band ham radio off ebay. They run as low as $20 bucks used. If you don't have a ham license (get one), you can always just use the radio to monitor local activity.

More ammo into preps; can't trust anyone nowadays except family, and even that is iffy. How many members here have a toxic family member?

sanitize and scrub social media presence. maybe swear off the internet for a long while. Can't prove either way if one basically does not exist on the internet. I have a presence on the internet because I'm deaf, and use it to be in touch with customers for my gearmaking side, and also for my arts.

increasing OpSec when it comes to preparation. Don't let people outside close family and trusted friends know just what you have...

form smaller communities with trusted friends and family. For suburban families and such in areas that's traditionally liberal and anti-gun, I'm not sure.

My first suggestion is to NOT let the wife know how much money you're sinking into beans, bullets, and shooters... unless you married a unicorn and she's totally on board with it, or better yet... her idea! ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top