JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It took a full 400+ posts to start drinking talk. You all disappoint me.

Ive been drinking this whole time whadda talkin about?
I was gonna say the same thing I got home last night after being stuck on the east side of the mountains for two days because the passes where closed then had to drive to Portland to get to Seattle from coleville WA long trip drank last night drinking again today lol

Honey mead is good ... but a little too sweet for me.
The song is a old one , by Amos Milburn. its been covered by many folks....
My favorites are :
Amos Milburn
John Lee Hooker
George Thorogood
The story is he's looking for his girl who left him ... he can't get over her so... he needs
One Bourbon . one scotch and one beer ... Excellent blues tune!!!!
I'd post the videos ... but I ain't that computer savvy....
Andy

So minus the underwhelming revelation from the OP, this has been a fantastic thread to read. Thanks to everyone that provided constructive advice. The HAM radio and water proof bags definitely have me re-thinking my entire "get back home" set up.

I'll go back to lurking now.

Yeah, a bunch of useful information and handy ideas in this thread. Even if some may have gone astray of the original topic.

On the HAM radio topic, we also have learning that skill set to do...'tis on the list...

Don't rule out FRS radios either. Although near useless if your farther afield, they can be quite handy if your in range of each other, say just around town/checking on friends/neighbors/around the neighborhood etc.

We have a "Cobra" branded set, which also has a quick select button to get the local weather repeaters. That in and of itself might be handy in the event of a natural disaster, as those repeaters would likely be part of an emergency system slated to get priority for repair/backup power etc (I would imagine anyways...).

The set we have is rechargeable with a dock, or can use AA batteries. Was probably $50 when we bought it a while back, probably cheaper/better ones these days.

Also on our list is to pick up a nice small world radio. It would be good to have the ability to get news, even if not local/regional, in the event of a disaster. Would give you a better scope of what's going on etc.

Hmm, think of all the terrible critters that could get loose. Snakes. The zoo has a bunch of nasty, poisonous snakes. And some big snakes. And lions, and tigers, and bears - oh my! At least the zoo is surrounded by a neighborhood populated with wealthy liberals - they've got plenty of room in their big homes to care for those homeless animals. They can adopt them :D The alligators might like the pool in the neighborhood's racquet club.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top