JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I only tried it with the 22 a handful of times, and is quite a bit loud. Compared to nothing, it is a great reduction, but it is borderline hearing unsafe feeling.

I haven't tried it out on the 9mm, because I still cannot get the barrel installed in the CZ, so I dont have a threaded 9mm!

Mine weren't, but with the tac 65 on a Mark 3 and a GSG PK, they were basically as quiet as they get.

I've offered before, anyone who wants to shoot any of my cans, bring the ammo and you are welcome to shoot what youve got so long as you share.

Mark at TROS or Mike at Tornado Technologies are my goto guys for threading. Mark only really deals via mail and I don't know if Mike is taking new work at this point. I have heard he is swamped. TROS is usually at the Expo gunshows, but mark told me that they won't be at the next one in September or whenever it is. They are usually in the back left corner against the wall.

The Tac65 is a decent budget can. I also think the Lauer 22 can is a good budget 22 can as well. They are not the top of the line, but a good entry point. I would recommend that if you get a 22 can get one that comes apart.

Also keep in mind that a 4" barrel will most often keep Federal bulk ammo subsonic and it will more likely cycle the action where as subsonic might not.

Mark at TROS or Mike at Tornado Technologies are my goto guys for threading. Mark only really deals via mail and I don't know if Mike is taking new work at this point. I have heard he is swamped. TROS is usually at the Expo gunshows, but mark told me that they won't be at the next one in September or whenever it is. They are usually in the back left corner against the wall.

The Tac65 is a decent budget can. I also think the Lauer 22 can is a good budget 22 can as well. They are not the top of the line, but a good entry point. I would recommend that if you get a 22 can get one that comes apart.

Also keep in mind that a 4" barrel will most often keep Federal bulk ammo subsonic and it will more likely cycle the action where as subsonic might not.

Yep, I bought the Tac-65 as an impulse buy, since it was at the shop when my HEMS 2 came in. I realized it was going to be a cheap can, but it still is extremely quiet.

About the subsonic stuff: I shot the PK and Mark 3 (with a 3" barrel), and each sound about identical. The PK is longer than a 4" barrel I think, and the rounds were not low velocity at all (in fact, they were the 'remington lightning'(high speed), and they sounded the same.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top