JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember years back a bunch of brouhaha about a integrally suppressed, six-shot, twelve gauge called the Six-12:

crye-04.jpg

Super neat-o, to be sure. I signed up to receive updates, but in the last two years, I've seen quite literally nothing.

Anyone know what became of this project? Did it ever hit the market? Thanks!

I remember the idea but I think it was another "Still Born" as in ALL Advertising and NO actual product being produced. Another idea that got stopped by BATFE, as I remember.

Well its really not. The only arbitrary ruling concerning shotguns that I know of is the streetsweeper and it only got the axe because of the forward pistol grip. if it were to get reintroduced not with a slightly different configuration they'd just call it a "firearm". I dont see anything weird about that six-12 that would lead me to think it would get banned. Look at the Origin-SBV or any of the truly impressive Saiga conversions out there and you can see the ATF really doesnt have much of a hard on for shotguns any more. As far as being suppressed thats just a stamp and the ATF is happy to print those.

Here's a couple vids, in case it is of interest. The first is a promo, the second a clip from the 2015 shot show. I guess the suppressed version takes a Salvo-12 and encases said in a shell and is mounted on a 10"-ish barrel.

Anywho, just passing it along for amusement factor. Cheers.

I think the whole industry is just suffering from a lack of investment right now in the post obama/no hillary world where a lot of gun companies are laying people off with too much inventory.