JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are they truly moving against the tide surge and are they honestly expressing their philosophy? If I decide to go with them it would be worthwhile to find a way of letting them know why I switched to Wells Fargo. Gotta think on this one.

"In the meantime, Wells Fargo is engaging our customers that legally manufacture firearms and other stakeholders on what we can do together to promote better gun safety in our communities."

So are they interested in gun policy or not? WTF does a bank need to promote better gun safety in the community for? Sounds like they are just playing both sides. They where my first bank and they screwed me with fees, so I say F' them.

How many employees did they screw over with huge quotas and Shady business practices.
And their members getting new accts signed up under their names without their knowledge.
Didn't the Feds bar them from expanding their business until further notice because of their crooked business?

I just switched my home loan to Onpoint which being the on Portland teachers is probably as anti gun as they come, but makes me feel good using my accts to buy guns and ammo

Had a mortgage with Wells Fargo. When I bought the house they told me to let them know if there was ever a problem making a payment. A year later I lost my job and then called to give them a head's up. They thanked me for the information and then told me that they would initiate foreclosure the moment I missed a payment.

It turned out well, but I'll never do business with them again.

I had a friend who went to Walmart just to buy ammo a year ago. When Walmart ran his debit card, it got rejected , and he just deposited $1500.00 into his debit account 2 days beforehand . He told the guy at the sporting goods counter he had money in his account that he had just deposited a couple days before from another account into his debit account.
So he told the guy he would be right back . He walked over grabbed a pack of chewing gum, went to the checkout stand to pay for it using his debit card, and asked for cash back on the card reader machine, and whadda ya know, the gum sale went through and gave him I think $100.00 he requested on the keypad.
He then walked back to sporting goods and bought the ammo. The next day he went into his Wellsfargo bank branch, and told them what happened and asked why" the bank teller said to him that wellsfargo's policy was they "don't like guns and ammo" etc etc.
He told the lady, "you just lost a me as a customer and a few other family members", who along with him quickly closed out thier accounts and told them to "shove wellsfargo policy up thier azzes"
I myself never ever ever use a bank card of ANY KIND from ANY bank to make gun or ammo purchases, to me it's stupid to even think of it considering big brother could check your bank accounts to see what ya been up to buying. I use strickly cash or Postal Money orders to buy guns etc.

The ONLY time I use a bank card is if the business I buy from over the phone tells me they know how banks are with this, so thier store system rings up the sales as just regular "sporting goods or hardware". I make it a point to ask that question of any sporting goods business by the way before I lay down my money. I also advise them that IF my bank account statements comes back as showing I purchased a gun or ammo, that it will be the LAST time I spend a dime with thier business and tell them I will let others know that they do that.

So beware people of this happening. Especially with all the anti bullchit that's going on in this country. If you've been at the gun and outdoors thing very many years, then you already know, or should know, that the less big brother knows, the better it is. Doing other wise is just drawing unwanted attention to yourself, which you may regret one day if things get real bad in this country. That's my view on it all, and always will be.
As the old saying goes " loose lips sink ships". Keep things low profile and off the radar as much as possible.
Keep yer powder dry boys and girls, and yer boots pulled up and lips sealed.:cool:;)

Last Edited:
I see Wells Fargo in a different way
Im still with Wells Fargo, if you go to the cops and say there is money missing from your America bank or what ever bank, how much help do you expect to see, you will most likely be told there is an accounting error talk to your bank, get an attorney blah blah
but if you said there is money missing from your Fargo account they will be all over it !
I watch my account like a hawk as you should In this crooked country, but I feel safer with wells fargo now than any other bank account I have

Im still with Wells Fargo, if you go to the cops and say there is money missing from your America bank or what ever bank, how much help do you expect to see, you will most likely be told there is an accounting error talk to your bank, get an attorney blah blah
but if you said there is money missing from your Fargo account they will be all over it !
I watch my account like a hawk as you should In this crooked country, but I feel safer with wells fargo now than any other bank account I have

They're all over it because it's a good possibility that Wells Fargo took it and they're afraid you caught them. :D

Good on 'em for this but they have way too much baggage for me to consider supporting them. They recently acquired two of our mortgages and I ain't happy about it!! I have no doubt there will be problems somewhere along the way.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Right. They've done so much that is blatantly dishonest, that I'm steering clear, whatever their gun policy.

There is that. When a company has a reputation for doing this sort of thing, police will be all over it the moment they get the call. It looks good on their career if they bust a crime, or if they help someone (the latter for community relations not so much for career potential).

I had a friend who went to Walmart just to buy ammo a year ago. When Walmart ran his debit card, it got rejected , and he just deposited $1500.00 into his debit account 2 days beforehand . He told the guy at the sporting goods counter he had money in his account that he had just deposited a couple days before from another account into his debit account.
So he told the guy he would be right back . He walked over grabbed a pack of chewing gum, went to the checkout stand to pay for it using his debit card, and asked for cash back on the card reader machine, and whadda ya know, the gum sale went through and gave him I think $100.00 he requested on the keypad.
He then walked back to sporting goods and bought the ammo. The next day he went into his Wellsfargo bank branch, and told them what happened and asked why" the bank teller said to him that wellsfargo's policy was they "don't like guns and ammo" etc etc.
He told the lady, "you just lost a me as a customer and a few other family members", who along with him quickly closed out thier accounts and told them to "shove wellsfargo policy up thier azzes"
I myself never ever ever use a bank card of ANY KIND from ANY bank to make gun or ammo purchases, to me it's stupid to even think of it considering big brother could check your bank accounts to see what ya been up to buying. I use strickly cash or Postal Money orders to buy guns etc.

The ONLY time I use a bank card is if the business I buy from over the phone tells me they know how banks are with this, so thier store system rings up the sales as just regular "sporting goods or hardware". I make it a point to ask that question of any sporting goods business by the way before I lay down my money. I also advise them that IF my bank account statements comes back as showing I purchased a gun or ammo, that it will be the LAST time I spend a dime with thier business and tell them I will let others know that they do that.

So beware people of this happening. Especially with all the anti bullchit that's going on in this country. If you've been at the gun and outdoors thing very many years, then you already know, or should know, that the less big brother knows, the better it is. Doing other wise is just drawing unwanted attention to yourself, which you may regret one day if things get real bad in this country. That's my view on it all, and always will be.
As the old saying goes " loose lips sink ships". Keep things low profile and off the radar as much as possible.
Keep yer powder dry boys and girls, and yer boots pulled up and lips sealed.:cool:;)

I can't believe somebody hasn't called BS on this yet. What a bunch of Bolognese!!! Funny how it is always a friend that this happens to. I have been a wells fargo customer since 1978 and I buy ammo every month and have never been denied and never has a clerk said anything about WF policy about not liking guns and ammo. That is pure BS!!!

Yo... Where have you been? Just got two extra claw mounts and was reminded you had PTR-91s. o_O

I've been around. My PTR has the factory rail. I do want to get another GI model...minus the rail...and install a 1200 meter sight that I picked up a couple weeks ago.

E

I've been around. My PTR has the factory rail. I do want to get another GI model...minus the rail...and install a 1200 meter sight that I picked up a couple weeks ago.

E
I need to get the GI model to use a claw mount. Bought a Hensoldt and Karl Kaps ZF-1 (latter needs form-a-thread loctite) and both came with claw mounts. o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top