JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Putting this in activism because now more than ever our favorite local shops need our help. At least the ones that care about doing what's right and taking care of their customers.

The box stores have a much easier time surviving this Oregon ret@rdation. Small shops, notsomuch. And not all small shops are great. We know the ones. The ones that are focused just on making a buck and not providing an actual service and supporting the right. It's the ones that care that need our support more than ever.

For me personally I've made a commitment to myself that every time I go into Curt's I'm going to buy something, even if I don't need it or don't have an immediate use. Not bank-breaking spend, just little things here and there to show JR that his existence is important to me and I appreciate how much he cares (and the dude cares, big time.) We all have shops like that.

So yeah, a lot of people are buying to get theirs before the hammer drops and litigation binds everything up for a couple of years. But let's not forget our friends during that time. Let's support the folks that really support us.

Putting this in activism because now more than ever our favorite local shops need our help. At least the ones that care about doing what's right and taking care of their customers.

The box stores have a much easier time surviving this Oregon ret@rdation. Small shops, notsomuch. And not all small shops are great. We know the ones. The ones that are focused just on making a buck and not providing an actual service and supporting the right. It's the ones that care that need our support more than ever.

For me personally I've made a commitment to myself that every time I go into Curt's I'm going to buy something, even if I don't need it or don't have an immediate use. Not bank-breaking spend, just little things here and there to show JR that his existence is important to me and I appreciate how much he cares (and the dude cares, big time.) We all have shops like that.

So yeah, a lot of people are buying to get theirs before the hammer drops and litigation binds everything up for a couple of years. But let's not forget our friends during that time. Let's support the folks that really support us.
Good thread idea, wish I would have thought of it earlier. Is Curt's doing transfers, if so are they doing three day rule releases?

Last Edited:
I do most of my firearms business with the small local guys and have for years. Right now I'm helping them by not being part of the problem. When the counter is three deep with customers buying their first gun they don't need my buying a box of 22 ammo in the middle of all that.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top