JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've donated to so darn many groups (Pro 2A legislative action) in the past 2 years I've lost count. And ya I didn't go back thru my bank to see who/whom. It's not exactly friendly in doing that.
What I'm asking right now is what groups, in your humble opinion(s), are in the fore-front of legislative action that deserve donations for our cause in support of the 2A? This being especially so with the 'groups' fighting inslee's/fergusons 1240 BS. That's my principal donation direction.

I'm already in the NRA so scrap them. I don't believe they're doing jack/diddly bubblegum but...?
And for 'GODS SAKE' please don't turn this query into a pissing contest of what organization is the better of with snide comments...
I'm just looking for suggestions of organizations worthy of my dollars to fight for our anti 1240 cause.

Dan

Gun Owners of America, 2nd Amendment Foundation, and Firearms Policy Coalition seem to be the big hitters these days.

I avoid OFF. But donate to the majority listed above.

Oh and F-ck the NRA. If i didn't need them for my range membership I would dump them immediately.

I've primarily donated, and have done volunteer work, for Oregon Firearms Federation since they are local, and do the best job for us year round. I'm also a member of, and contribute to FPC and GOA. Also an NRA member. Doesn't mean that others aren't worthwhile, just that I have limited resources and that's where my money and time goes. Oregon Shooting Sports Association has also been doing some good work on measure 114 and fighting the state anti-gun bills.

It's also important that people do what they can to influence legislators and try to convince others to do the same. Oregon Citizens Lobby is a good resource for involvement but there are others out there.

For those wishing to upgrade their knowledge level, I would suggest coming to the War Room on Thursdays. It's sponsored by Oregon Citizens Lobby and meets every Thursday at the IKE Box in downtown Salem. We meet from 8 till about 3. This was previously held in the capitol but was moved because of the construction work.

Another option is the bi weekly "coffee klatch" meeting at Honkey Tonk Bar and Grill in Salem. It's near the airport. Brian Boquist is scheduled to be there this week. We meet from 6 until about 7:30 or 8:00 depending on what's going on. Since the owners don't charge us for the meeting space, it's appreciated that people show up early so you can order some food from them.

FPC & SAF were big winners recently in getting arm brace injunctions.
GOA also. Being a member of any of those three groups means the brace rule doesn't apply to you at the moment cuz the injunction covers members of all three groups currently.

Also larger experienced groups like those are more likely to be successful Imo. We've seen lots of examples of small, inexperienced groups screwing it up.

For quite some time, my range required an NRA membership, so when the life memberships went on sale (...and I figured I could live long enough to come out ahead on the deal.... :D ) I jumped in.

Anymore, it seems like it's the GOA, SAF, FPC that are doing the heavy lifting. They are the folks that get my funds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top