JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My daughter has first management job at auto-glass replacement place in Seattle. She previously alerted me to a glass shortage (auto and home).

This weekend she said there is a shortage coming soon on tires (rubber compound?). So if you need new tires...

My daughter has first management job at auto-glass replacement place in Seattle. She previously alerted me to a glass shortage (auto and home).

This weekend she said there is a shortage coming soon on tires (rubber compound?). So if you need new tires...
I knew about the tire thing coming, too. Just re-shod my both my cars.
Truck is next.
Tire guy was pretty nervous to talk about it - you could tell he was under a corporate muzzle on the subject.
I have an older Datsun with 13" tires. Only ONE choice at Les Schwab - and even those are quickly obsoleting...

Now I'm trying to stock up on OSB / ply for emergency cover for windows, etc.

Th supply chain is broken, container ships can't unload, warehousemen and truckers are staying home sick. The way I figure freight is I'll get it when I get it and be darned happy when I do.

I stopped at Walmart in tigard today and while they had 5 boxes of Federal Automatch on the shelf (I didn't buy them), their top ramen was wiped out. I saw other empty shelves too. Maybe the truckers got covid.

I knew about the tire thing coming, too. Just re-shod my both my cars.
Truck is next.
Tire guy was pretty nervous to talk about it - you could tell he was under a corporate muzzle on the subject.
I have an older Datsun with 13" tires. Only ONE choice at Les Schwab - and even those are quickly obsoleting...

Now I'm trying to stock up on OSB / ply for emergency cover for windows, etc.
At least lumber seems to be normalizing, least ways last week when I checked 2x4 pricing. Hopefully sheathing has come down as well.

Have a relative (I say that a lot in this forum lol) in sales, a multinational, and he's been going nuts for months now. Tho not his explicit job he is tied to logistics. Months ago he said "what used to cost $1,200 is now $7,000" speaking of shipping containers. Ships not being unloaded when they do arrive. Truck/driver shortage to move it once it is.

Anyway, for us proles the play is 1) stay topped up with needs, 2) budget more for known future needs and 3) improvise and adapt when stuff is lacking. (This doesn't help those running a business I know. They're who I've felt worst for during the entire bubblegumshow that's been tha past year+.)

Prepper mindset has actually helped. Less surprise IMO.

Just bought some display stands and slat walls from Grand and Benedict's in PDX and their import tax went from $3,500 per container to $12,000 and the last order they received they were told might be the their last.

My daughter just lost her second job since the pandemic started, for the same reason. The company went out of business due to supply chain issues. She works in the fashion industry (athletic clothing) and they couldn't get the fabric they needed from either Europe or Asia.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top