JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ahh, Brandon's on the case, what a relief!

Made in the USA. Ordered early Sept. Shipped Sept 28. Would arrive Oct 4. lol

View attachment 1050500

Stuck in Troutdale. Finally got a hold of a co-operatve person at FedEx, and coaxed him into spilling the beans. Actually the phone folks at FE were always very professional, they just have to stick w/ their script; I don't yell at drones having been one myself. Finally got one to go off script and tell me that yes, it's not in BF Kansas or lying in a gully in Colorado or been stolen somewhere. It's languishing in Troutdale.

So yeah... get on those ports Brandon, that'll do it.

Let's Go Brandon!
HeAu4Ip.jpg

:)

No longer supported does NOT mean that the standard changed or that your phone will stop working. It just means that the Operating System and some of the provider supplied applications will no longer receive updates.
Nope. I was informed by Sprint that I wouldn't even be able to dial 911 after December 31. No phone service. No data.

ATTENTION REQUIRED REGARDING YOUR SPRINT ACCOUNT:​
The retirement of the Sprint 3G (CDMA) network on January 1, 2022​
Dear 3M,​
This is a reminder that your account has one or more lines of service using a device that will no longer work after the retirement of the older Sprint 3G network on January 1, 2022. We are retiring the older Sprint 3G network to free up resources and spectrum as we combine Sprint's assets with T‑Mobile's to help us strengthen our entire network to deliver a transformative 5G network experience.​
For those lines that will be affected, you must take action to continue service after January 1, 2022, including the ability to make 911 calls depending on your location. Listed below are devices on your account that need to be updated:​
• iPhone 7 on line ending in 1234​
• iPhone 7 Plus on line ending in 5678​
...​

Last Edited:
What kind of upside-down world is this that any nation would give control of its ports to a foreign nation? This is seriously a national security issue. I am shocked and disgusted.
Follow the money, the power, the influence. The ruling globalist class has no guardrail in selling out the nation or their fellow citizens in the effort to cement their position.

In this environment, if you're regularly taken aback by events a paradigm shift is in order.

My favorite Sowell quote, everyone should heed:
"It is bad enough that so many people believe things without any evidence. What is worse is that some people have no conception of evidence and regard facts as just someone else's opinion."
You mean like "Russian collusion"? :rolleyes:
Right @Soli . The traditional news is increasingly useless and frustrating. For everything related to trade, China, and energy I get my info from YouTube videos by Peter Zeihan. He's a geopolitical strategist who advises business people on international and national trade, politics, energy, etc. Very entertaining speaker. His talks are all available. Has three books out too. Give him a try. I think you will find him very refreshing.

For the big picture economics I like videos by Thomas Sowell. He's a black conservative economist, now 80 and at the Hoover Institute and going strong. A couple dozen books, many or most available as free audios on YouTube, along with many interviews. The level of scholarship is extraordinary. For example, in his book showing that minimum wage laws cause lost jobs, lost businesses, and overall detrimental impact on the lowest paid part of the work force he presents info on minimum wage laws everywhere in the world through history, not just a few cases in US. I listened to his Memoirs last weekend. Really interesting and inspiring. Started in segregated South. Incredible what he went through and how he managed. Tremendous courage. No whinging, either. Laughs a lot. Fascinating.

Hoover institute has lots of interesting people. Another Senior Fellow there I like a lot is Victor Davis Hanson, classicist and military historian. When he talks about politics and strategy his references and knowledge go all the way back to the Peloponnesian War.

I also check in with The Rubin Report fairly frequently to find interesting stuff going on that the legacy media is covering up.

Perhaps my all-time favorite is Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson. The most intense interesting speaker I've ever heard. He's infuriated the legacy media by fighting Canada's law trying to compel people to refer to transgendered people by the pronouns of their choice. Including weird new pronouns I'd have zero hope of remembering at all let alone who they were supposed to go with. Peterson has nothing against transgender people. But he is against a law compelling speech (illegal in US) that is also trying to establish a theory of sex which is counter to biology. He thinks men and women are actually different and gender is not totally a social construct and people can't actually change their sex by just declaring it. Oh, shock! Everything available on YouTube. mostly about psychology. Very rigorous analysis, unlike most stuff in the field. Lovely to see that there is at least one North American university prof in the social sciences with courage enough to call BS BS.

These folks also write books. But I need to spare my eyes for my work, and go with videos I can just listen to or podcasts for random info and entertainent these days. And these folks are all much more entertaining than legacy media. And as best I can tell, none of them ever lie about or cover up anything ever.
You should also give Tim Pool, and The Officer Tatum channels on the YT a listen.

China owns the port of Long Beach? Yipe! How the F did we ever allow some other country to own our ports, let alone a communist one?

There are articles saying Trump forced China to sell Long Beach.

???
We need to take a page from the Mexican playbook and make 'Restricted Zones' to include any land within 100 kilometres of foreign borders or within 50 kilometres of the sea.

Not sure, I believe it was a part of the Port of Portland, but not entirely sure then or now, but all terminals are physically owned by the city or state, which then leases the terminals for a set amount over a very long term, like 99 years, so, basically China owns it, with out actually physically owning it, follow?
All that lumber being shipped out of Longview mostly goes one of three places, China, Russia, or Vancouver!
^^^

Thank you.

I wish that I could dig up my OLD threads/posts from the late 90's and on from ONLINE but those old boards are LONG gone.

Do you remember when a Mid Eastern country or a GROUP of them wanted to BUY the CA ports and/or BIG ones on the East Coast? I do.

China AND Mid Eastern countries were brought up into some VERY old conversations on ancient boards BEFORE and even after 9/11.

MID EASTERN ONES WANTED SOME PORTS AND HARBORS ON THE EAST COAST not just BEFORE but even AFTER 9/11 and that IS A FACT. Heck, it was all over the newspapers and WWWeb in news stories if people really paid attention. The longshoreman and OTHER REGULAR PEOPLE were totally ticked off on the East Coast for sure.

I brought these subjects up on those OLD and long gone 'boards' and was LAUGHED AT big time because so many people did NOT believe that such a thing could happen or that WE THE PEOPLE would LET ONE OR MORE FOREIGN COUNTRIES BUY so much or LEASE so much when it came to ports of call - HUGE AND GOOD HARBORS on BOTH SIDES of this country.

They laughed at when I brought up those PROPOSED OIL LINES running all over some other countries that I read about and studied but it all came about more later on in the NEWS. Afghanistan area, other countries, Russia, etc.

Another thing, when MANY Rs and MANY Ds OBJECTED TO SO MANY COMPANIES moving their businesses OUT of the USA even back in the 70's and on... we got told that we were crazy for complaining.

They ALWAYS WANTED TO BLAME the middle class or upper middle class worker who actually MADE, PRODUCED and finished PRODUCTS from a to z that worked and lasted a longer time.

You name it - the average COMPLAINER b-ed about those middle class and upper middle class men and women who BUILT and DESIGNED PRODUCTS that actually worked. They could do the job well.

Meanwhile, the greedy, YES - GREEDY, bean counters who couldn't do SIMPLE MATH without using a computer or calculator... pushed and pushed for things to MOVE OVERSEAS. The corporate big shots wanted it too. And no - I am not into class warfare salami but it IS A FACT that a whole bunch of dung went down and the AMERICAN WORKERS were supposed to suck it up.

Just like the BIG companies and GREENIE WEENIES did to GOOD AND CLEAN COAL MINING JOBS. The WORKERS got told to suck it up. EFF to the weenies and eff to the big companies and YEAH to those HARD WORKING clean coal miners.

Some of us LIVED in other parts of the country (Some in other parts of the WORLD.) and saw up close and PERSONAL how huge parts of this nation never fully RECOVERED from losing good jobs with good benefits with VERY LOYAL and VERY SKILLFUL WORKERS including men/women who could BUILD PROTOTYPES and actually could do a better job than some man with 6 degrees of whatever on his diplomas while he TRIES TO TELL SOME manager/owner of a company that such and such would work well and the so called expert who THINKS THAT IT LOOKS GOOD ON PAPER couldn't figure out that something would go FLYING ACROSS A ROOM because the idiot did not know his math or the type of metal or even 'wood' in some cases but it LOOKS GOOD ON PAPER - HIS PAPER! LOL

OMG - many of us CONSERVATIVES with a libertarian slant in the REAL old fashioned R party (NOT this Bas-erized R and/or D neo con job party NOW.) saw this and even some OLD SCHOOL Ds saw this too.

But oh no... when WELL CASING FOR STEEL PIPES IN 2002 AND ON is sitting on some CARGO SHIP and a place in MONTANA says that they have NO CLUE EVEN IN THE SUMMER OF 2002 WHEN IT WILL BE STATESIDE... what the eff does that tell you now?! THAT IS A FACT OF LIFE... FROM THE COMPANIES HERE IN MT TO MY EARS WHEN IT CAME TO BUILDING AND IF I WENT SOMEPLACE FOR A WELL OR EVEN IF I BUILT IN TOWN DURING THAT TIME FRAME. AND THEY SUPPLIED SEVERAL SMALL TOWNS AND LARGER COLLEGE TOWNS ACROSS MT and not just this one that I am in NOW.

Plus it is much worse now when it comes to STEEL and more as we all KNOW.

TAX deals and when companies move 'south' or to Mexico or to China or FILL IN THE BLANKS... I could give true examples there too when it comes to JOBS and large company buy outs and MOVES but my hands are sore and NO one wants to hear it even if it is true and this CRAPOLA has been going on for a LONG, LONG TIME.

Kissinger and CHINA... OMG - old man Bush and tons more but the NON believers of such a thing called the NWO - MORE GLOBALIZATION and all of that dung can put their fingers in their ears and sing LA LA - LA LA LAND.

How the EFF did we manage to BUILD AND SUPPLY THINGS FOR WW1 AND WW2?

THINK about how far we have gone downhill when other people and 'I' complained about this back in the 70's and I was ONLY in my 20's at the time.

I did not need the WWWEB to see what the EFF WAS GOING ON when it came to closing up places and moving them over the years.

Yet, the Rs and the Ds VOTED FOR THIS CRAPOLA and very few people complained to their dumb bunny leaders while WHOLE PARTS OF THIS COUNTRY from the RUST BELT AREAS in the Midwest and East Coast to LOGGING and other INDUSTRIES IN THE WEST along with MANY OTHER INDUSTIRES FOLDED - SHUT DOWN OR GOT CLOSED DOWN.

Cate

Last Edited:
Yes, and no! Trump didn't try to make China sell ( that I know of!) California ( and the other states) Sold those long term leases to get out of paying for their upkeep and modernization, it is seen a YUGE cash cow, they collect the lease, taxes, tariffs, and all that, the the states don't have to spend a single penny! China is on the hook for every thing, the TSA, Customs, Homeland, plus all the infrastructure! On top of all that, they are heavy invested in the city/county/state to subsidize such costs as new Fire boats, new Tugboats, dredging, signals and all sorts of other things too numerous to list! Other cities and states saw this and the light bulb went off, YUGE profits and almost no expense! Pretty much why the U.S sold the Panama Canal to China, let them pay for the upkeep and expansion while securing a strategic agreement that U.S Flagged ships don't pay for passage, which means U.S Warships, as everything else is pretty much flagged foreign!

The back side of this, Cali ( or any of the other states) has not forced China to upgrade those port facilities, nor have they forced them to bring them up to current volumes, so this has compounded the issues we currently have, I'm told 16 cranes in Long Beach and Oxnard are non functional, and China has not repaired or replaced them, and there are no operators ether! L.A has yet to be dredged to depth to handle the newest ultra large ships, which means Long beach and Oxnard are also screwed, Seattle, and the Bay area have also not been dredged, and nether has the Columbia River! What's even worse, those ports in the gulf, have not been dredged ether, and there are now 7 new ultra large container ships that cannot enter U.S Ports!

Were not even talking about Post Panamax or Cape Size ships or Ultra Large Crude Tankers and LP ships, that's a whole nother YUGE issue were gonna start to feel soon!
^^^

THIS and more. Thank you.

The PANAMA CANAL deal - mess was just plain effing STUPID!

It reminds of other things that WE, not MY idea, have LET GO after most of us meaning the USA BUILT IT AND PAID FOR IT WITH MONEY, BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS and even with some lives lost!

Did other people HELP? Yes, but LOOK AT HOW MUCH THE USA HAS EFFED UP OVER THE YEARS when it came to STRATEGIC LOCATIONS and seaports and more.

By the way, I have strong opinions about another HUGE SEAPORT in another part of the world but I will not go there now.

Cate

What kind of upside-down world is this that any nation would give control of its ports to a foreign nation? This is seriously a national security issue. I am shocked and disgusted.
They were talking about this BEFORE and after 9/11 - see my one post.

Take care and safe travels to you and your husband.

Cate

Hong Kong was mentioned here.

My late husband wanted to take me to Hong Kong but it never happened.

His words, "Before the Commies take over!"

He liked Hong Kong and had some of his clothing made there.

Cate

Most of the wood out here for construction and all kinds of building from a to z comes from CANADA and not from the local woods or from the PNW region.

I find that pathetic, sad and just plain STUPID.

They will bring in wood from CANADA and close up US and MANY LOCAL - IN STATE MILLS and all kinds of logging operations across the USA.

And this is nothing NEW nor did it just happen within the LAST few YEARS with the CRAZY LAND and/or SENILE LAND - presidents in the R and D parties.

Cate

Not sure, I believe it was a part of the Port of Portland, but not entirely sure then or now, but all terminals are physically owned by the city or state, which then leases the terminals for a set amount over a very long term, like 99 years, so, basically China owns it, with out actually physically owning it, follow?
All that lumber being shipped out of Longview mostly goes one of three places, China, Russia, or Vancouver!
Some of my cedar timber maybe went to China, most of the rest went to Hampton mills which exports around the world, but yes, maybe a lot of it went to China - as lumber I believe.

hampton_lumber_exports_map_fixed-768x411.png

The cedar mill in the St. Helens area has their own place where they load onto ships? Not sure. I know when I was stationed in Newport a lot of timber from the area went out on ships as logs. I think some of the lumber & timber from Canada comes to the USA but probably much of it goes overseas.

More supply chains issues: by prohibiting imports of coal from Australia because Australia sensibly asked for an investigation of the origin of the coronavirus, it's unleashed a major energy crisis in China, which is now impeding production & causing supply problems, reducing GDP growth to 4.9%
China is a huge bubble right now and it's going to pop. When it does…well, keep your powder dry.

More supply chains issues: by prohibiting imports of coal from Australia because Australia sensibly asked for an investigation of the origin of the coronavirus, it's unleashed a major energy crisis in China, which is now impeding production & causing supply problems, reducing GDP growth to 4.9%
China is a huge bubble right now and it's going to pop. When it does…well, keep your powder dry.
Which speaks to the logistics of the Chinese military; without a robust industrial base, it is difficult for a "superpower" to engage another superpower for any length of time, and as we know from history (especially WWII), logistics can make a huge difference in military conflicts. So if someone is worried about military moves as a result of a bubble collapse in China, then I personally would worry more about economic impacts - a military conflict would only make things worse for China, not better.

Threats of a dock Strike coming (supply disruption)?

Yeah....how else would I/did I learn.....to stockpile certain stuff. And doing so, always cost more too.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top