JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My point exactly.

You're badly confused about the cycle, and you sound like you're one of them.

Exactly why are you reading and writing in this particular section?
You definitely do not share the point of view there is anything wrong.
Basically what you are is a troll. You seek to agitate other people, hiding behind the anonymity that the web provides.
Does aggravating other people give you that much satisfaction?

I hope he is right (hyperinflation). The alternative is worse. If he is correct this would be the first time in history that hyperinflation has occurred with a reserve currency though. Reserve currencies have always crashed and burned in a deflationary collapse and default. Still, as they say, "there is a first time for everything."

There are those that suspect that both will occur. First will come the deflationary crash only to be followed by high inflation or even hyperinflation.
Problems is that it is impossible to predict what will happen based on history as the world has never been in this sort of a configuration before.
Even under the most tyrannical of monarchs the government has never had as much control over the currency, and the society as a whole was not as dependent upon it.
In the past the poor lived off their own labor or they died of starvation.
Now you have a huge portion of the population being fed and housed in order to keep them docile.
Used to be that much higher percentage of people lived a completely self sufficient life of peasant farmer. A hard life beyond what any sane person today would want to endure, but a life that was independent of reliance on currency.
Now every single aspect of the daily life is dependent on the government dictated currency and almost every monetary transaction is taxed at some level.
Then the is a whole world of financial product whose valuations dwarf that on which they are based on and intertwined between themselves in a spider web of financial black magic.
It is like a room full of nitroglycerin viles. Knock one over and the whole thing blows up.

To anyone here who has any long term variable interest rate loans out - get into fixed, rates are going to go up.

There is no threat to or in the economy.

Prepping is something distinct from survivalism.

I'm a prepper. Wind could blow, the earth could move.

But nothing man made will be happening. Inside the natural disaster zone, about 70-80% of infrastructure will continues to function, outside the zone, 100%.

There has never been a disaster other than war that affected the entire United State.

The most important resource is people. The most important skill, therefore, is leadership.

The safest place will be outside the zone. The safest choice, therefore, will be to move out there temporarily.

When you get there, the most important tool will be an empty credit card.

As soon as it's safe to return home, opportunities to make money and help people at the same time will be everywhere.

That's prepping. Survivalist, on the other hand, stock bunkers in the woods and can hardly wait to set off their homemade claymores.

See the difference?

Exactly why are you reading and writing in this particular section?
You definitely do not share the point of view there is anything wrong.
Basically what you are is a troll. You seek to agitate other people, hiding behind the anonymity that the web provides.
Does aggravating other people give you that much satisfaction?

Its the only reason its here.
Like an old was machine , agitate, agitate, agitate. Like a snake swallowing its tail.

Actually, I agree with most of the above - except:

"No threat to or in the economy" and "nothing man made will be happening." I don't get it because something man made is happening right now, and has been since 2007. What exact date will "nothing be happening?"

"There has never been a disaster other than war that affected the entire United State." Those who experienced the Great Depression would disagree.

Iran, Russia Ruffle US Feathers With Oil-Swap Deal | Zero Hedge

Of course the US is going to object since it doesn't involve using the US Dollar to trade goods for oil.

Note the chart at the end of the article. We would be naive to assume that the US "empire" will continue for another 100 years, and perhaps even the next 10-20 years.
History of Reserve Currencies.jpg

Peter

History of Reserve Currencies.jpg

Seems China bought all the Calif politicians to ban guns and make laws to ruin the economy so China can buy it for pennies on the dollar. Much cheaper to buy it than fight for it. Then they can rape the resources and farm the valley. There is little hope because the Majority of the voting public in this country are so ignorant,, actually just plain dumb.

A friend of mine sent me some Mall closures today. All part of the 'recovery' we are going through. I hastily patched them together.

Capture.jpg

Large defunct commercial properties and malls will most likely be taken over by Fema as 'emergency shelters' at some point.

Capture.jpg

"There has never been a disaster other than war that affected the entire United State." Those who experienced the Great Depression would disagree.
The statement stands.

There were Americans that the Great Depression made rich, or richer-- therefore, the Great Depression did not affect the entire United States.

In spite of how bad it was, it actually affected a relatively small portion of the population.

History is a good thing. You can learn from it.

Mall closures. Yup, Capitalism is a bloody game.

Not any more. "Too big to fail" changed that. If you are "too big to fail" you can lose every bet (now) but the house will bail you out. If you would have said "Crony capitalism is a bloody game" I would have given you a :s0155:! Just think - you could have gotten a :s0155:!!!

Geeez... now the litmus test for capitalism is whether or not the "land is still there?" Look, I'm telling ya, you have to stop using Rep Hank Johnson's methods of determining success/failure.

3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv - YouTube

Capitalism: Any entity can fail. Any entity not meeting a need, or is relatively inefficient in doing so, can fail.
Crony Capitalism: An inefficient entity cannot fail if it owns enough elected officials.

btw... Who complained about mall closures? I hate malls.

January 20th, 2014

<broken link removed>

Six Likely Events That Will Follow An Economic Crash

This article was written by Mac Slavo and originally published at SHTFplan.com

It&rsquo;s not too difficult to understand that we are well on our way to a paradigm shift in America; in fact we&rsquo;re in the midst of it right now. The writing is on the wall and can no longer be ignored.

The US government has run up trillions of dollars in debt, and given the recent debates over the country&rsquo;s debt ceiling, we can rest assured that neither Congress nor the President will act to curtail spending and balance the budget. We will continue adding trillions of dollars to the national debt clock until such time that our creditors no longer lend us money.

From the monetary side, the Federal Reserve&rsquo;s response to this unprecedented crisis has been to simply &ldquo;print&rdquo; more money as is necessary. On top of the trillions in dollars already printed thus far, the Fed continues quantitative easing to the tune of about $80 billion per month. It&rsquo;s the only arrow left in the Fed&rsquo;s quiver, because failing to inject these billions into stock markets and banks will lead to an almost instant collapse of the U.S. financial system. Unfortunately, the current strategy is chock full of its own pitfalls, the least of which being the real possibility of a hyperinflationary environment developing over coming months and years.

On Main Street, average Americans have seen their wealth decimated. They&rsquo;ve lost millions of jobs and homes over the course of the last five years. And if recent reports are any indication, the destruction of the middle class will continue unabated for years to come. The resulting effect is a vicious negative feedback loop that continues to build upon itself. Americans no longer have money (or credit) to spend to prop up the economy, thus more jobs will be lost, leading to more people requiring government assistance for everything from food to shelter.

We are, on every level, facing a collapse of unprecedented scale.

As noted by International Man Jeff Thomas of Casey Research, it&rsquo;s not that difficult of an exercise to predict what&rsquo;s coming next:

The number of people whose eyes have been opened seems to be growing, and many of them are asking what the collapse will look like as it unfolds. What will the symptoms be

Well, the primary events are fairly predictable: they would include major collapses in the bond and stock markets and possible sudden deflation (primarily of assets), followed by dramatic inflation, if not hyperinflation (primarily of commodities), followed by a crash of several major currencies, particularly the euro and the US dollar.

We know a collapse is coming&hellip; If you&rsquo;re paying attention you probably have the distinct feeling that we are in the middle of it right now. And guess what? The government and military know it&rsquo;s coming too, as evidenced by large-scale simulations of exactly such an event and its fallout.

But the collapse of our financial system, or hyperinflation of our currency, or a meltdown in US Treasuries is only the beginning. We know some or all of these events are all but a foregone conclusion.

What we don&rsquo;t know is the timing of the trigger event that causes the global panic to ensue and what will happen after these primary events take hold.

According to Jeff Thomas, while we can&rsquo;t know for sure, the following &ldquo;secondary events&rdquo; are the most likely outcomes when the system as we have come to know it destabilizes.

The secondary events will be less certain, but likely: increased unemployment, currency controls, protective tariffs, severe depression, etc.

But, along the way, there will be numerous surprises&mdash;actions taken by governments that may be as unprecedented as they would be unlawful. Why? Because, again, such actions are the norm when a government finds itself losing its grip over the people it perceives as its minions. Here are a few:

Travel Restrictions. This will begin with restrictions on foreign travel, including suspension/removal of passports. (This has begun in a small way in both the EU and US.) Later, travel restrictions will be extended within the boundaries of countries (highway checkpoints, etc.)

Confiscation of wealth. The EU has instituted the confiscation of bank accounts, which can be expected to become an international form of governmental theft. This does not automatically mean that other assets, such as precious metals and real estate will also be confiscated, but it does mean that the barrier for confiscation has been eliminated. There is therefore no reason to assume that any asset is safe from any government that approves theft through bail-ins.

Food Shortages. The food industry operates on very small profit margins and survives only as a result of quick payment of invoices. With dramatic inflation, marginal businesses (suppliers, wholesalers, and retailers) will fall by the wayside. The percentage of failing businesses will be dependent upon the duration and severity of the inflationary trend.

Squatters Rebellions. A dramatic increase in the number of home and business foreclosures will result in homelessness for anyone whose debt exceeds his ability to pay&mdash;even those who presently appear to be well-off. As numbers rise significantly, a new homeless class will be created amongst the former middle class. As they become more numerous, large scale ownership of property may give way to large scale &ldquo;possession&rdquo; of property.

Riots. These will likely happen spontaneously due to the above conditions, but if not, governments will create them to justify their desire for greater control of the masses.

Martial Law. The US has already prepared for this, with the passing of the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which many interpret as declaring the US to be a &ldquo;battlefield.&rdquo; The NDAA allows the suspension of habeas corpus, indefinite detention, and the assumption that any resident may be considered an enemy combatant. Similar legislation may be expected in other countries that perceive martial law as a solution to civil unrest.

The above list is purposely brief&mdash;a sampling of eventualities that, should they occur, will almost definitely come unannounced. As the decline unfolds, they will surely happen with greater frequency.

Full article at Casey Research via The Daily Crux

We could go point by point on this list and provide a plethora of evidence to validate Jeff&rsquo;s claims, but that would take pages upon pages of references.

The fact is that the US government, for the last decade, has been moving increasingly closer to what can only be described as a police state. With watch lists, militarized police departments, legislative actions, and executive orders the government has already set the stage for these secondary events.

When the system itself is no longer able to support the tens of millions of Americans receiving monthly government assistance, one hiccup could set the whole thing ablaze.

While it can&rsquo;t be avoided on a national scale, there are advance preparations that individuals and their families can make to, at the very least, insulate themselves from the secondary event triggers. This includes storing essential physical goods and keeping them in your possession. Things like long-term food supplies, barterable goods, monetary goods, self defense armaments and having a well thought out preparedness plan will, if nothing else, provide you with the means necessary to stay out of the way it all hits the fan.

SUPPORT OUR BILLBOARD CAMPAIGN Placing billboards outside of military bases to remind service members of their oath

Please donate and support Oath Keepers mission, every little bit helps!

Read More Posts Posted in All, Articles | No Comments »

Comments posted belong to the commenter alone, and are not endorsed by Oath Keepers or the administrators for this site. We will remove offensive, racist, or threatening comments. Leave a Reply

Name (required)

Mail (will not be published) (required)

Website

Submit Comment

Contact the OK Leadership in your state: Click Here

PLEASE DONATE AND SUPPORT OUR EFFORTS

Oath Keepers is growing FAST, but like General Patton, we are outpacing our own supply lines. Your donations are "fuel" for our advance!

Check out the new Oath Keepers NDAA Information and Resource Section: Click Here

Email: Go

Search

Watch Complete Interview with SSG May: Click here

Watch Complete Interview with Gunter Spens: Click Here

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve -is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including his life.'" &ndash; Author Unknown

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -- Thomas Paine

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.&rdquo; -- Thomas Paine

Veterans, you swore an Oath...

Oath of Enlistment

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Officers Oath

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God

Your Oath NEVER expires! It's time to keep it!

Site Dedication

This site is dedicated to the memory of John William Adams (1925-2006), Marine and Oath Keeper extraordinaire.

John Adams, at the age of 16, lied about his age to join the Marines so he could fight against Imperial Japan in the Pacific. His enlistment date was December 10, 1941, just three days after the attack on Pearl Harbor (see below). As a Marine rifleman, he fought the Japanese from island to island, across the pacific, including at Iwo Jima. We may have good men, but we never had better.

Until his death in 2006, he was a dedicated patriot who still took his oath to defend the Republic deadly serious. May God grant you the courage to do likewise.

Click here to read entire site dedication

View the Oath Keepers ByLaws Click Here

Advertise with Oath Keepers Click here to contact us!

OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY

Click here to read full length version.

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as &ldquo;unlawful enemy combatants&rdquo; or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a &ldquo;state of emergency&rdquo; on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to &ldquo;keep the peace&rdquo; or to &ldquo;maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances. Click here to read full length version.

Founder Stewart Rhodes

Stewart is the founder and Director of Oath Keepers. He served as a U.S. Army paratrooper until disabled in a rough terrain parachuting accident during a night jump. He is a former firearms instructor and former member of Rep. Ron Paul&rsquo;s DC staff.

Stewart previously wrote the monthly Enemy at the Gates column for S.W.A.T. Magazine

Stewart graduated from Yale Law School in 2004, where his paper &ldquo;Solving the Puzzle of Enemy Combatant Status&rdquo; won Yale&rsquo;s Miller prize for best paper on the Bill of Rights. He assisted teaching U.S. military history at Yale, was a Yale Research Scholar, and is writing a book on the dangers of applying the laws of war to the American people.

Board of Directors

Sgt. Rand Cardwell. U.S.M.C. veteran (Desert Storm). Tennessee Chapter President.

Franklin Shook. U.S.M.C. veteran (Vietnam). Montana Chapter President.

David J. Rivers U.S.M.C. veteran (Vietnam) Oath Keepers General Counsel, National Liaison to U.S.M.C.

Richard Mack, Former Sheriff of Graham County, Arizona

John D. Shirley, Active Duty Peace Officer - Houston, TX.Texas Chapter President, National Liaison to Peace Officers.

Jay Stang, Veteran US Marine Corps - Texas Chapter Executive Vice President

SSG James Hanna (Ret), US Army, Texas 2nd VP

CDR John C. Mackey, USNR (ret), Idaho Dist 4 Director

Friends of Oath Keepers

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews