JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never paid much attention to slings...all my rifles have a normal, 2 point sling like my Dads, and my Grandads, and my great Grandads...

Last year during deer season, a previous neck injury flared up and I think it was aggravated by packing a rifle around on one shoulder all day for days on end.

A good friend of mine recently showed me his 3 point sling setup, and he has converted all his rifles to it. I was impressed with the options... some are shown here.
Specter 3-Point Tactical Sling - YouTube

Any of you have experience with a 3 point sling on your rifles?

Where is the best 'VALUE' for a 3 point sling? I see them on the internet from $7-$66 each. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Mark

Interesting suggestions and I appreciate the feedback.
My main interest in the 3 point sling is two positions... The 'military patrol position' where I could carry the rifle muzzle down behind my right shoulder, slung diagonal like a guitar strap, yet ready to quickly deploy. The other one is the 'backpack' mode where the weight of the rifle would be borne by both shoulders on a long hike.
From what I've seen, though, all the 3 point slings need some goofy strapping arrangement around the stock, if the weapon does not have a sideways sling loop built in. I'm not a big fan of that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top