JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never paid much attention to slings...all my rifles have a normal, 2 point sling like my Dads, and my Grandads, and my great Grandads...

Last year during deer season, a previous neck injury flared up and I think it was aggravated by packing a rifle around on one shoulder all day for days on end.

A good friend of mine recently showed me his 3 point sling setup, and he has converted all his rifles to it. I was impressed with the options... some are shown here.
Specter 3-Point Tactical Sling - YouTube

Any of you have experience with a 3 point sling on your rifles?

Where is the best 'VALUE' for a 3 point sling? I see them on the internet from $7-$66 each. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Mark

Interesting suggestions and I appreciate the feedback.
My main interest in the 3 point sling is two positions... The 'military patrol position' where I could carry the rifle muzzle down behind my right shoulder, slung diagonal like a guitar strap, yet ready to quickly deploy. The other one is the 'backpack' mode where the weight of the rifle would be borne by both shoulders on a long hike.
From what I've seen, though, all the 3 point slings need some goofy strapping arrangement around the stock, if the weapon does not have a sideways sling loop built in. I'm not a big fan of that.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top