JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm getting more into restoring vehicles and was hoping i could get some recommendations on some general classic car forums that you might think are worth the time checking out.

I currently am restoring a 1950 Willy's pickup, but the engine, tranny, and various other parts are out of 60's-70's chevy/gmc vehicles. I'm already on oldwillysforum but I'm hoping some other forums might be able to give me some insight and help identify various other parts i have on the truck now.

Any advice?

Somebody had already done everything has far as restoring vehicles and posted it on YouTube. I have been into restoring old vehicles for years, and if I come across something I cannot figure out, and at my old age that is not much, YouTube has it.

I'm hoping to find some expertise out there in identifying mystery parts. For example, I have no idea what vehicle my fuel tank came from and i need to replace the sending unit. I'd love to find a forum where there's some guru out there that could possibly identify the sending unit by sight. I could maybe narrow it down, but i've looked at so many internet pics of sending units, my brain hurts.

When you are restoring these old vehicles, you can do lots of research and never find what you want. Part of these old rigs is that sometimes you are going to have to forget finding the exact match and be ready to fabricate something that will get the job done. Now if you are doing a concours correct that may not be possible. Finding parts numbers and trying to track them down is always fun, but there is probably somebody who can ID your tank and unit.

I am doing my last restoration right now. It is being done on a budget, and with the increased acceptance of the rat rod look, getting my pickup done within my very limited budget is the main thing. These guys can take their 40k + restorations and just give me the money, because you will NEVER see it back.

Our local Concours show in July had a 57 Chevy Bel Air with mags and jacked up engine win the Peoples Choice Award, and he won Best of Show a couple months later at a 400 car show. The Dusenberg and Packard guys lost their minds when he won Peoples Choice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top