JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"He said people get high on it."

I recall back around ought sixty-seven when the swing richards at the motorcycle shop discovered that Gasgacinch (sp?) toluene based gasket sealer produced a stupefying buzz.
View attachment 1092994
It only took 1 try to decide that it wasn't good for ya.
Yep. Toluene, carbon tetrachloride -- those two might make you loopy and will do a nice job on your liver.

"He said people get high on it."

I recall back around ought sixty-seven when the swing richards at the motorcycle shop discovered that Gasgacinch (sp?) toluene based gasket sealer produced a stupefying buzz.
View attachment 1092994
It only took 1 try to decide that it wasn't good for ya.
When I was a kid we all made those model cars that you bought in a box of pieces. Glue together and paint. Enough of the kids started huffing that damn glue that they stopped selling it to us unless we were buying a model at the same time. I used to see a couple kids who were doing it. It was easy to see it was taking a toll on them. What the hell at least they were not eating laundry detergent :s0140:

I recently saw a podcast of people now in their 50s-60s from my neighborhood talking about sniffing paint and glue before getting access to hard drugs.

Whenever I came across a hard whiff of gas, glue, spray paint or the like, I hated it. I personally never saw any kids abuse it, but according to the podcast it was pretty big. One old man across the street paid me and another kid $10 each to clean up after his back house was gutted for remodel. I'm sure all lead based paint. No gloves or masks. Enclosed room full of dust and what ever caulky material they used back then.

Now that hard drugs are legal in Oregon, is huffing glue and paint as well?

This is almost as bad as the fad of practicing how far you can creep the trigger of a loaded pistol while pointing it at your junk. (Yes it's a real thing and there's hundreds of.videos of people doing it....and a few people have actually shot their boys off)

View attachment 1086152
Merely Darwin in action. If you don't have any children, it's pretty certain that they won't either. :)

I recently saw a podcast of people now in their 50s-60s from my neighborhood talking about sniffing paint and glue before getting access to hard drugs.

Whenever I came across a hard whiff of gas, glue, spray paint or the like, I hated it. I personally never saw any kids abuse it, but according to the podcast it was pretty big. One old man across the street paid me and another kid $10 each to clean up after his back house was gutted for remodel. I'm sure all lead based paint. No gloves or masks. Enclosed room full of dust and what ever caulky material they used back then.

Now that hard drugs are legal in Oregon, is huffing glue and paint as well?
You know I had never really thought much about that. When I was a teen a lot of us started to use Pot, when we could afford and find it. Now that its basically just "there" have to wonder if fewer bother with inhaling the crap that will fry their brain? Since going to jail is hard now days I seriously doubt they would bother if they caught someone doing it? I know when I got to the check out that day with that air duster stuff the clerk at the self check had to come override the register for age check. Just like if I was buying some adult drink. While I often think that when I retire I "may" want to see this "great new" pot again, since it's I guess multiple times stronger than what we had back then but, certainly no desire to try huffing that can of air cleaner stuff o_O
Of course I regularly have to deal with the aftermath of people using stuff like Meth and can't for the life of me get my head around that. When we get done having to fight with some Meth zombie I often will say "well gee, that sure makes me think I am really missing out on the fun" here. :confused:

YEP! On the way home I stopped at the store. While there I needed a can of that Canned air, for cleaning electronics. I was having trouble finding it and some clerk said "oh we keep in behind the counter" and handed me a pack. I said why? He said people get high on it. I said they should just let them, clean up the gene pool. The look on his face said he did not think much of my "humor" :s0140:
What's really funny here. To me anyway. That we go into the store to buy air in a can? :s0140:
When I was a kid we all made those model cars that you bought in a box of pieces. Glue together and paint. Enough of the kids started huffing that damn glue that they stopped selling it to us unless we were buying a model at the same time. I used to see a couple kids who were doing it. It was easy to see it was taking a toll on them. What the hell at least they were not eating laundry detergent :s0140:
I always liked the smell of all that stuff. Gas, model glue, rubber cement. Dad worked for an electronics company "Litton Industries". We used perchloroethylene for cleaning car parts and such. Liked the smell of that too. Neve even though about getting high on any of it.

A kid in our hood that was a couple years younger than me, I had classes with his older brother in junior high. He got busted breaking into our house because the neighbor recognized the big red parka he was wearing. Door didn't get locked back then so all he had to do was walk in. There was just a meeting of the minds between my folks and his folks. About three years later that kid suffocated himself in the bathroom of his home with model glue snuffing it from a baggie. I guess that's how they did it back then. When they'd kill themselves they'd be found with their faces glued to the inside of that bag. Gnarly for the parents.

imagine being someone who smokes one of those kids.. be devastating..

what really grinds my gear though are the parents who think their sweet little angles are doing nothing wrong.. talka bout epoiple who need a slap in the face.

Going back to our daughter's last days at school, we were called up one day to go collect her before lunch, instead of the more usual 4pm. When we got there she was ashen and shaken, as were most of the youngsters around. Standing in little groups, some crying, and with police family liaison officers earnestly engaging one particular group consisting of all girls.

It turned out that at some time during the mid-morning break, another 15-y/o girl had produced a can of something or other from her shoulder bag, sprayed the contents into a paper bag, stuffed it in her face, taken a deep breath and dropped stone dead on the spot. Right in the middle of the eight or ten other girls currently with the PFL officers.

Being a non-smoker, let alone a non-drinker, I find it totally beyond my comprehension that ANYBODY could even think of doing such a thing.

But they do, don't they?

what really grinds my gear though are the parents who think their sweet little angles are doing nothing wrong..
Nothing 'sweet' about the Angles, especially if you live where I do - the place named after them...

nordulf02.jpg

With no need around here in Aest Anglaeland, we have no need for this website, but you might have a bit of Christmas fun with it -

Was Hael!

With no need around here in Aest Anglaeland, we have no need for this website, but you might have a bit of Christmas fun with it -

Was Hael!
i do not, my family was up there though, but they were doing the looting :s0121:

i do not, my family was up there though, but they were doing the looting :s0121:
MY g'gx25 grandfather was doing the same thing on the coast of South East Ireland, hence my family name of FOLEY. 'Foghláda' is Old Irish for plunderer/raider. Also the reason for my 78% Southern Scandinavian genetic makeup. Even my hair is 87% Swedish.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top