JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...I'm sure we've all got them, that gem at the gun store or the pawn shop where the asking price is ridiculously less than what it should be, but that we chose to pass on and months down the road kick ourselves for not buying. The two most recent for me (in the last year): A CZ 75 police model complete with night sights and two 15 round mags for $450 at Clackamas gun broker. I handled it, it felt great, I have always REALLY wanted a 75, but for whatever the reason I didn't buy it. A week later I came to my senses and raced back to GB, and of course it was gone (sad face). $450?! Why didn't I jump on that????? Second was a beat up old Savage/Stevens 12 gauge pump. Not too familiar with the make or model, but it had no ejection port and thusly ejected the empties out the loading gate like an Ithaca. Anyways, old beat up savage/stevens with a pistol grip for $150 at 99 gun and pawn off of Mcloughlin. Handled it, action smooth as glass, but decided to pass. Again, a coupla weeks later when I realized what a stupid mistake I'd made, I ran back and found it had sold. Thinking about these two guns still brings a tear to my eye. Why didn't I jump on those deals???

I bought several of those little stinger pen guns back in the day for around $125 each. Last one a guy had on here I think he wanted something like $2500. I also bought a IMI UZI model B carbine for $300 and a IMI Micro UZI for $450 both of which I sold for roughly the same kind of money. Not to mention the HK91 I sold for $850. I bought several Norinco AK's for less than $300, back when you could buy SKS's for $69. I remember M44 Mosins being $39 and nobody wanting them even at that price.

So for me its the ones I bought and then sold that I regret. The ones I never bought that are spendy now dont irritate me so bad.

I had a friend that used to be an FFL and the guy he used to get inventory was selling a bunch of DPMS AR10s for $650 a piece he said he bought 3 of them and another FFL friend of his pulled up in a pick up and loaded the back of his truck with them.

He said he regrets not getting 10 of them.
I've never seen to many deals that I couldn't wait a while and get again.

Cooper rifles...several of them...back when they sold for around $1,100. I recently passed on a posted used Cooper .223 on this forum that sold in the same range. Coopers now retail for over $2,000 new.

Remington VSSF II rifles in .223, .204 and .17 Rem Fireball....these got discontinued and how they are being listed for twice the selling price.

A Wby Sub MOA 300 WSM at Sportsman Warehouse that was discounted at least 50%. It think they wanted $399.

Remington XR-100 rifles that got discontinued just recently. The actions alone now are valued at what the guns were selling for.

Crap...I have a long list and I still have some things I could list.

upload_2015-1-18_4-37-37.png
:rolleyes:

Marlin 12 gauge pump. Gas station in the middle of the night somewhere in the mountains of Arizona or New Mexico. Station owner wanted $60. Nothing special, just a unique piece I hadn't seen before. I already had a shotgun in the trunk and couldn't think of why I might need two. That one started bugging me the next day (500-600 miles down the road) and it has since 1986.

1955 Colt 1911 Commercial at a pawn shop for $995. Could have got it for $850. From a distance it looked new and I thought "i don't need another 1911 right now"

Then I went up and saw the rollmarks, the bluing, realized it was old. Only reason I didn't jump on it is that it had target sights milled into the back of the slide. But it looked new, even the barrel was still shiny.

Went back a week later and it was gone. This was just last year, and I am still chasing one of those.

My first handgun was a Stainless Colt Commander. I paid $200 for it in 1989. I honestly dont remember what happened to it. I suppose I got bored with it and sold or traded it. I wish I still had it simply based on it was my "first"

So for me its the ones I bought and then sold that I regret. The ones I never bought that are spendy now dont irritate me so bad.
I hear that. My dad had been talking about wanting a 12ga for a while. I had a couple and even picked up another just for him. So, for Christmas I laid them all out and told him to pick one. Of course he chose the one out of the lot that I was a little attached to. Nothing special, just an old Marlin, but it was my first firearm and holds a special place. Plus, it's got the most buttery-smooth action I've ever encountered. Oh well, I'll probably get it back...eventually. At least I know it's being well cared for.

I actually regret every gun I have sold. I have promised myself that I will no longer sell any of my firearms. :)
+1

Prevent future regret. Don't go to a gun show or a gun store without time, money, and the wife's OK!
I don't need my wife's permission to spend my own money. In fact, when I go to a fun show she usually says to find something I want and buy it.

I regret not buying the M1 carbine I saw at a Klamath Falls gun show a couple of years ago for $300. It looked good enough for what I want. I still want a M1.

I regret not buying the $6900 FA Uzi 2 years ago at the ARPC gun show in Albany. It would cost me $4k more now to get one. While I still want a FA Uzi, I did find an IMI model B for $850. For FA fun, I bought a M11-nine instead.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads