JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Miles between charge, distance between charge, time to charge, battery lifespan and replacement costs are all non-starters for me, but my real question is: When we seem to be struggling to generate enough electricity for normal day to day operations, where is all that additional electricity going to come from to charge all of the EV batteries? Nobody seems to want to talk about that.

Miles between charge, distance between charge, time to charge, battery lifespan and replacement costs are all non-starters for me, but my real question is: When we seem to be struggling to generate enough electricity for normal day to day operations, where is all that additional electricity going to come from to charge all of the EV batteries? Nobody seems to want to talk about that.
Solar panels, duh! :D

Alright alright, let's throw physics, chemistry and all of our collective knowledge about electricity out the window. There's an easy solution. Has anyone considered running cars on thoughts and prayers? Or unicorn tears? These are the real questions

dd0.png

I was also thinking about the idea of farming human fat to make bio-diesel. It's abundantly renewable and people could live fat and happy lives without being fat. Government subsidized liposuction on an annual regimen and unlimited supply of fuel. Sugar cane, white rice, and corn syrup become the global economy...

I was also thinking about the idea of farming human fat to make bio-diesel. It's abundantly renewable and people could live fat and happy lives without being fat. Government subsidized liposuction on an annual regimen and unlimited supply of fuel. Sugar cane, white rice, and corn syrup become the global economy...
Did ya know that during the Industrial Revolution, animal fat was used for literally greasing machinery? A machinist used grease from cooking for drilling and tapping into steel on Bridgeport mills in one shop that I trained at.. learned a tidbit from him.

That would keep tailgaters at bay!

That's been done. I read a book by Carroll Shelby (I think) who was describing a NASCAR race in the 60s or 70s. All the race cars were venting their exhausts out in front of the rear tires in those days.

Somebody came up with the idea of venting the exhausts on his race car straight out the back, on a race day where the ambient temperature was maybe 100F. Any of the other drivers who attempted to draft behind him immediately saw their own engine temperature spike up, and they were forced to back off. Our hero won the race easily, but NASCAR added a new rule before the next race.

As a Tesla owner, I bought the car for spite. Lithium and Cobalt mines are terrible, no recycling of the batteries ( at least yet, I know several companies are working on it) once they are dead. The gubernment can't produce enough electricity and the grid couldn't handle 25% of the population driving electric cars. And dumb bubblegum Oregon is stealing a bunch of farm land to build fabs and manufacturing plants - both of which take an inordinate amount of power and water… 😢😢
On the plus side, I LOVE the torque in the Tesla (quicker than my Corvette). Also love charging at night. Using off peak charging I'm getting just over 30 miles per dollar of electricity. I get about 350 miles on a full charge and it takes about 20 to charge back up to 80%, which gets another 250 miles or so.
We did a trip to South Carolina this summer, I figured charging made the trip about 4 hours longer - but I'm old, so more frequent stops is good thing 😀.
Lots of pros and cons for owning an electric car. For me, it's just about the fun I have driving it and knowing I'm quicker than 95% of the cars on the road 😀😀😀. And yes I know, it's useless towing anything, driving off road and a myriad of other activities.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top