JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Link to a thought-provoking article about the current global strategic situation:

As a media source, Geopolitical Monitor is only mildly to the left and based on what I know, I tend to agree with their assessment re. the New Cold War.

It's not in the article, but the two largest producers/exporters of nitrocellulose are China and Russia. The US imports a significant amount, as domestic production is limited. We all know that Russia is now out of the picture, and China has recently indicated that exports to the US will be curtailed. This will affect both the military and civilian markets.

Super interesting article although I feel like it could have been written with about a third of the words, lots of isms and a few too many mentions of players most people have never heard of and conflicts centuries in the past. We get it, you are way smarter than us.

I see the subject matter addressed as entirely different. The US and Russia (I mean Putin and his local allies) are empires completely on the wane and in imminent danger of collapse. How long can Putin hold his empire together with only an unpopular and eventually disastrous war in Ukraine and some sort of idea of former imperial greatness? I would argue not long. The eventual economic hardship on Russia and its allies will soon bleed any authority he has left dry, and lets face it with the army decimated, he is not going to prop up the regime for ever. And at the end of the day Putin is a 71 year old nut job who is not going to last more than another ten years and with his propensity to not groom any successors, the whole thing is coming apart. So what if he conquers Ukraine in the next five years, that won't prop up his propaganda machine and it will end up being like us in Iraq and Afghanistan, but at least he conflict will be on his border!

And speaking of the US, we have been bled and battered by 20 years of conflicts in the Middle East. Despite a lot of arguments, good and bad as to why we were there and how we got out, we can have over the region, I think 90 percent of us can agree that in general the arguable long term good we fought for in the region, just never came to fruition. We kicked our own asses and cannot afford politically or materially to get into another low or high intensity conflict in any of the regions we want to support, exploit, whatever. Despite a lot of cool special ops bubblegum around the world, we will not be able to field an sort of medium term conflict. The military we have is tired. We are a declining power. Additionally our political structure is in danger here from collapse from within. We have elected officials that DO NOT KNOW that Russia or whatever its calling itself this century is our ENEMY. We have presidential candidates that do understand that they cannot just spew dumb crap about NATO. Nations enter international agreements for a reason, protection, military and economic and when you poo talk your friends, they don't back you up, super simple. We cannot take decisive action in Palestine, Israel, Iran, etc because we are weak internationally. And before anyone starts any "what about her emails" arguements because you got your little tushy hurt because I talked naughty about your favorite sub-moronic idiot, READ THIS. Additionally we have a president who is as old as the legend of Jesus and lets face it, I don't want my 82 year old dad leading the country any more than I want this dunderheaded alzheimers poster child. We have finally reached he point in our history where we have NO LEADERS LEFT. We have FINALLY scraped the last of the bottom of the barrel. As a society we are completely divided by politics. We are overtaken by extremists that on one side want to declare that fertilized eggs are human beings and incest is not grounds for an abortion, and another side that wants to collect and throw into the ocean each and every gun in the country. Both sides keep us at each others throats for their personal gain and re-election. As a great American Society we have an expiration date that is coming up way sooner than we think.

So Russia and America fall as leaders in the world, we both devolve into trashed societies engaged in survival with the Russians starving to death and going from one warlord in charge to the next and with us killing each other over whether we want to suck a dick or kill a zygote. Congratulations American, we are morons. China, a dictatorship but an effective one with a lot of people in it that are not doing too badly as a whole, takes over as a world power. But there is not gonna be any thing let to go out and fight for so the Chinese live happily ever-after.

@WestcoastWes..I agree with many of your points. As a country, we're in pretty bad shape. We have a sickness for sure.

I completely disagree on two of your points however. 1) We are not, and have never been, an empire and 2) I don't think China is an effective dictatorship, nor do I think the Chinese will ever live happily ever after under a totalitarian communist regime.

The rumours of America's demise have been around for as long as I can remember. American's unfortunately need to take a swift kick in the but before we wake up. Sometimes that's what it takes...and it's probably coming soon.

But god have mercy on those who make that mistake..because yes..they will awaken the giant again. And what a furious beast that will be.

I'm curious. Did you ever serve in the military?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top