JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am passing this along to whoever might be interested in Force on Force Close Quarters Combat training in our Portland area. I am not gaining anything by posting this. I am just informing others who want training like I do. This class will cover material that is hard to find in a class so its a rare opportunity. It uses Ultimate Training Munitions so you get to use your own gear during force on force scenarios. Class is all UTM and no live fire. It will cover night operations so you will learn how to use your white light and NVGs. There will probably be spare NVGs if you dont have them. It will also cover working in teams. It also has a great training facility. There is another class on Friday Apr 19th called rifle sparing. Both classes are back to back and I already signed up for both. I have taken UTM classes from this instructor before so if you have questions PM me and I will answer or redirect it. Hope to see you there.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
Some of the classes offered are unnecessary and there are folks making lots of money offering them
Maybe the folks that want this kind of class should sign up for the army or marines?
Just making more mall ninjas as far as I am concerned

I must admit, I laughed a bit at the part, "you might be able to borrow NVG gear if you don't have it." Then why train with it?

But why crap on anybody wanting extra training? Plus, Suarez is the real deal! You just never know what type of training might make the difference if you were in a DGU.

Hey go do it. I just think it's a waist of money
Why pay when you can get paid to learn this.....
stuff

I really think these classes are making more mall ninjas and nothing else.
So... I have to laugh

Last group of actual 'professionals' that I heard the of taking a Suarez class had to be retrained when they got back. Not sure how this guy got the rep he dose. For the rest of the professional trainers I talk to he's an embarrassment.

All this chatter aside, any chance of using real text instead of initials for those of us not up to speed on the initials?
It's military/SWAT tactics for combat inside and outside houses and urban buildings. IMO a waste of money for the average joe. My advice would be take one of Massad Ayoob's classes. Think he is done in this neck of the woods for the summer (classes are going on right now I believe), but he is at Seattle Firearms Academy (near Chehalis) every summer. His classes are oriented toward the average citizen in a defensive shooting situation. Ironically enough, having read a lot of his stuff, taking a class like the one the OP mentioned is actually a liability as a average civilian. A prosecutor could claim you were taking those classes because you thought you were a delta recon secret agent orange ranger seal and you were just looking for blood.

Some of the classes offered are unnecessary and there are folks making lots of money offering them
Maybe the folks that want this kind of class should sign up for the army or marines?
Just making more mall ninjas as far as I am concerned

The commitment requirements for the military are, as we both know, considerably higher than this class. I can't speak to the credibility of Suarez as I've never looked into them, but do they deserve a scoff for offering to teach, or at least expose people to, a niche skill they wouldn't otherwise be able to acquire? No. Grow up. If we want more supporters of gun rights, then we can't ridicule people new to arms seeking out education and experience.

I'm all for any training a person can get when they can get it! The more you know, the better the mix you have IF things ever went south! That said, Pushing the boundaries of knowledge shouldn't hinder some one of able mind and body to seek out such training as this, but Me thinks this might be a bit over the top! Still, I bet even Ol'Salts can learn new tricks!

Gabe Suarez is without a doubt a waste of money and really doesn't have much business teaching anyone anything. He's a prior dirty cop (or at the very least shady) that was convicted of fraud. His claims of being SWAT in Santa Monica have yet to ever be substantiated or verified when he is asked about that. His claims of being involved in shoot outs have been flatly denied by the LE offices he DID work for. The ideas, tactics, techniques and procedures he preaches are questionable at best and seem to be rooted in a 1980's buddy cop action movie mentality.

Bottom line, don't waste your money.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with wanting to expand your knowledge when it comes to force on force situations. That being said I think you have to be realistic about the level of training you will be able to acquire as a civilian. There will always be a disconnect between military and civilian training(LEOs are included in this catagory).

I do have to add that being enlisted in the military will also not automatically give you an advanced knowledge of special techniques in force on force training. Unless you are part of the SOC section of the military of course.

In closing if you want to take a class take it. Nothing wrong with trying new things. Would like to hear more about your experience after you take it.

I am passing this along to whoever might be interested in Force on Force Close Quarters Combat training in our Portland area. I am not gaining anything by posting this. I am just informing others who want training like I do. This class will cover material that is hard to find in a class so its a rare opportunity. It uses Ultimate Training Munitions so you get to use your own gear during force on force scenarios. Class is all UTM and no live fire. It will cover night operations so you will learn how to use your white light and NVGs. There will probably be spare NVGs if you dont have them. It will also cover working in teams. It also has a great training facility. There is another class on Friday Apr 19th called rifle sparing. Both classes are back to back and I already signed up for both. I have taken UTM classes from this instructor before so if you have questions PM me and I will answer or redirect it. Hope to see you there.

<broken link removed>

You ever end up taking this class?

I have been asked to teach crew served classes in the past.

We packed it all up after witnessing what the wanna-be high speed's from SWORD were "teaching" Washington County PD,Swat, + JTTF azzhat's.
Completely unsafe to themselves and others.
They never heard of geometry or ricochet's.

Their other instructors that teach out there that are 100% professional.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top