Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Revolutionary War flags

Discussion in 'Project Appleseed' started by Kimber Custom, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I've been working on a stand to display the Revolutionary War flags that we put up at Appleseed® Events. It's been an interesting puzzle to build. I'm happy with the concept but the execution has been more challenging than anticipated. Experience comes moments after you need it.

IMAG0436_zpsdca7cad6.jpg

IMAG0435_zps93d04aac.jpg

IMAG0434_zps13ba0d5c.jpg

IMAG0433_zps49bf1a20.jpg

IMAG0431_zpsc80f0ef7.jpg

IMAG0432_zps87448371.jpg

I had to beef up the support legs

IMAG0441_zps80703f63.jpg

2. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Well done.

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

If it would help, I was in Boston several years ago and did the walking tour of revolutionary war historic sites. I visited the Old North Church and picked up a really cool poster of revolutionary war and historical flags. You might want to check to see if they have a web site. I have the poster framed in our house along with a full size "Betsy Ross" flag hung on one of the walls.

4. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Thanks, do you have an IBN number or a manufacturer I can search? The Old North Church gift shop does have an online presence but it's 'under construction'. I'd like to do a little write up on each flag and print them out on stickers that will line the base. I told my wife that now that I have them up there I'm going to have to learn what they are :)

5. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Beaverton, OR Chief Cook/Bottle Washer

Here's a site with some history behind the flags of the American Revolution. Founding Fathers.info

American Flag