JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mehhh.... One of my best friends is a Marine. He says taste isn't everything. Blue makes cooler designs when you poop!

What happens at Ellis, stays at Ellis(??)
Oh I've sh!t the rainbow. I got a lot of PRIDE in that. Hahaha

Lots of good ideas-noted! The idea was to make it wide enough so a standard rifle stock would fit into slot so it truly was a recoil pad....we'll keep playing with it and see how far we actually push it. Originally I was thinking a thick recoil pad with a hole in it, but the hole needs to be high on it, almost above the shoulder. I do like the idea of a tactical breath mint pouch, built in. Maybe a small mollie pouch, with a tactical can opener glued to the face.....that would give you some options for length of pull.......lots of creative ideas could still come up!

Lots of good ideas-noted! The idea was to make it wide enough so a standard rifle stock would fit into slot so it truly was a recoil pad....we'll keep playing with it and see how far we actually push it. Originally I was thinking a thick recoil pad with a hole in it, but the hole needs to be high on it, almost above the shoulder. I do like the idea of a tactical breath mint pouch, built in. Maybe a small mollie pouch, with a tactical can opener glued to the face.....that would give you some options for length of pull.......lots of creative ideas could still come up!
Please, please make some part of it go up.

I have never been a fan of pistol "braces" or other so called "loop holes" but with more restrictions come some good and out of the box ideas. I'm looking forward to see what people think up to continue to enjoy their freedoms without a tax stamp.

I'm actually tinkering around with some ideas as well. Not that I will use them but if I could partner with someone and make some money while assisting people to route around the tax stamp I would be game.

Don't ask AFT a thing!
1674449582397.png

Going back to the first pictures . . . you'd still need to change out the buffer tube to a tube-only one. With the new 'rule', you can't have the adjustment slots / holes on the tube. That type of tube constitutes a potential to install a stock, making the gun an full-fledged SBR, and not eligible for the 2021R-08F benefit.

Going back to the first pictures . . . you'd still need to change out the buffer tube to a tube-only one. With the new 'rule', you can't have the adjustment slots / holes on the tube. That type of tube constitutes a potential to install a stock, making the gun an full-fledged SBR, and not eligible for the 2021R-08F benefit.
Not according to the latest atf Training. The question was asked and they said makes no difference if it has adjustment slots. But that is one panelist. Can't trust any atf info to be accurate without question imo it conflicts way too much.

Also they stated at least 4 times in the training that they look at the gun "holistically". Ie all the parts and the gun etc. so I'm sure this would not pass atf muster based on that holistic bs. Whether the OSP patrolman that roles up on you does anything though is a different story, depends who it is I guess.

Looking at it holistically (hate that term for guns) imo there is no question atf woudld say there is sufficient surface area for shouldering when used with the strap on thing. The keys terms in the defintion are surface area and equipped. And they refuse to put a number on the amount of surface area on purpose, just so they can do this "we look at it holistically" subjective bs.

From atf standpoint I think if you had an AR with buffer tube only and this thing in close proximity that would be constructive possession of an sbr based on everything they said at the training. These guys are focused on constructive possesion. Local/state LEOs may or may not be I dunno.

Last Edited:
Second option, chest harness.......slots need some refining, and straps need cleaned up but it's ready to try. Pictures are mirror so it IS right handed.

View attachment 1352222 View attachment 1352223 View attachment 1352224 View attachment 1352225
Some more feedback:
  • I would recommend making the notch no more than 1" in depth - the bulk of the current prototype would likely be a turn-off for most buyers... except maybe the ones who are really into Mad Max.
  • You'll probably want to make the bottom strap adjustable horizontally to accomodate different body types that might put the notch in the wrong place.
  • Consider adding a rubber pad inside the notch for recoil mitigation and improved comfort.
  • Consider using a single standard notch module that can be moved from an independent shoulder harness to a backpack shoulder strap.
  • Consider adding a straight tab to the bottom section that can fit molle webbing - this combined with a standard strap buckle on the upper section would enable you to mount it to a plate carrier or load-bearing vest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top