JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We got to messing around with my son's 3d printer, and a soft rubber filliment, and have a question for you all. Who else hates those bulky rattling collapsing AR-15 stocks? 😁 obviously this is only for rifles, no one would shoulder anything else.
With this "recoil pad" mounted on your backpack strap, or independent strap, maybe even velcro to a shirt you can have a shoulder mounted recoil pad to securely hold your buffer tube directly to your shoulder, and ditch your stock off your buffer tube......it's also soft enough to fold over when under the pressure of a regular buttock so you can still shoot comfortably. It allows you to shoulder the buffer tube higher on your shoulder, without it slipping up over the top, hopefully these couple pictures of a prototype explain it well enough.......
What say you?

View attachment 1349184 20230119_221954.jpg 20230119_221903.jpg View attachment 1349192 20230119_222006.jpg 20230119_221823.jpg

Clever. Hope you get to the patent office first because now that the picture is out there, SB tactical is filing in 3,2,1...

Yup I'm sure someone will. It's one those things that it's not hard to change enough to get around patents and I have no desire to fight with a 2A company over producing a product. Maybe if there's enough interest my son can make a few bucks off it before a mainstream manufacturer comes out with something. I'd really rather see the industry roll right out of braces and into something else that works, without giving in.

Yup I'm sure someone will. It's one those things that it's not hard to change enough to get around patents and I have no desire to fight with a 2A company over producing a product. Maybe if there's enough interest my son can make a few bucks off it before a mainstream manufacturer comes out with something. I'd really rather see the industry roll right out of braces and into something else that works, without giving in.
Shoot, I'll buy one if you produce them for sale.
Any way it can be designed to have a strap that goes on/around the shoulder instead of on web gear? I'm thinking something more modular since I don't shoot with packs.

Ya, he's printing a three strap model now, basically around the arm, and around the body.....we'll see how it works and update. The back pack was really just an easy way to get the size and angle good, not sure how much interest there'd be in that.

I mentioned that I was waiting for those to hit the market 6 months or so ago... ;)

It's really a no brainer. Innovation will always fill any void. I'm down for one!

Version suggestion.... an iron on velcro patch for a jacket and a looped back tube pad. Cutom positioning to fit every body style and easy repositioning for changes in layered clothing... no straps required.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR